To Appeal or not

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Mona

To Appeal or not

Post by Mona »

Hi,

I am new to the forum. My son got a good score in Bucks but we live outside the catchment. Should I appeal or not.
Someone (parent) whose daughter got 133 says it does not matter if you got higher marks because Bucks will only see the distance and not the marks. If you have passed and live nearer then you will get a place.

Please someone help me.
Sally-Anne

Re: To Appeal or not

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Mona

Score is completely irrelevant in the school allocations, in or out of county or catchment. (We also discourage people from posting their child's scores, so I have edited your post accordingly.)

Do you live outside Bucks? Which school is your first preference?

Sally-Anne
Mona

Post by Mona »

Thanks Sally - Anne,

I live in Hounslow county and have Burnham Grammar Sch as my second choice. First choice is Tiffins.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Mona

BGS has historically been undersubscribed, although it is increasingly popular.

Last year on March 1st places were allocated to all catchment children and OoC children living up to 11.589 miles from the school. By August every child seeking a place had been offered one, although it does seem from comments on this forum that it was a case of "only just".

You will have to wait and see what happens on 1st March.

Sally-Anne
drummer

Post by drummer »

As Sally-Anne says, the score (over 121) is irrelevant, a pass at 121 is treated just the same as a pass at 141 so your friend is correct.

I don't quite understand what you want to appeal about? You won't know which school your child has been allocated until early March
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now