Shocking 117 & 120 for Bucks please help

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Manuel23

Shocking 117 & 120 for Bucks please help

Post by Manuel23 »

Hello All,

My DD score 117 and 120 which is july born. Its been a devasting time for the whole family fears were round the corner on the day of result. DD is gutted completely and so do we. The HT scores are 4:2 which is unacceptable as the HT is just 1 month in this school and she will always refer to the other teachers what they had to say. We find the case simply a waste and without the HT support it is simply impossible, Why can't my child achieve 2:2 or even 1:1 if they were given attention at school, The HT is simply anti grammar and Our DD has been in lower group which has never been able to show her potential in school academics all through out Yr 5.
On other hand DD has proved the ability and potential of 120 in VRT's after been on 1 to 1 basis at home. The Elder child was in the same school and now in GS in year 9 who is doing quite well. DD being the younger has strived to be in the same school as the Elder child after following the same footstep as the elder did. How do I go about making this case strong for an appeal. I know there all lot of parents there who can give their advise and suggestions which would be of great help.
DD has given the best on the day of the test but slighlty nervous as this was the day for the opportunity to get into the preferred GS which was like a Dream. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Last edited by Manuel23 on Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sally-Anne

Re: Shocking 116 & 120 for Bucks please help

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Manuel23

It is possible to win an appeal without the Head's support, although it is obviously more difficult.

The recommendation of 4:2 is extremely odd for a child who can achieve 117 and 120! Like you, I would feel pretty aggrieved at the recommendation not being somewhat higher, and I think a panel may also feel that there is a mismatch. I think it is possible that the overall success of the Head's recommendations may prove to be rather poor when you eventually get that information in your appeal pack. Panels can and do discard the Head's recommendations if they believe them to be poor. They would then decide the case on the basis of the other evidence you provide.

July born is quite helpful, and on 120 you have very little to prove. What evidence do you have by way of school reports, previous test scores etc? What do her school books look like? You may need to go it alone, but if the evidence is good enough, you can still succeed.

Sally-Anne
Manuel23

Re: Shocking 116 & 120 for Bucks please help

Post by Manuel23 »

Sally-Anne wrote:Hi Manuel23

It is possible to win an appeal without the Head's support, although it is obviously more difficult.

The recommendation of 4:2 is extremely odd for a child who can achieve 117 and 120! Like you, I would feel pretty aggrieved at the recommendation not being somewhat higher, and I think a panel may also feel that there is a mismatch. I think it is possible that the overall success of the Head's recommendations may prove to be rather poor when you eventually get that information in your appeal pack. Panels can and do discard the Head's recommendations if they believe them to be poor. They would then decide the case on the basis of the other evidence you provide.

July born is quite helpful, and on 120 you have very little to prove. What evidence do you have by way of school reports, previous test scores etc? What do her school books look like? You may need to go it alone, but if the evidence is good enough, you can still succeed.

Sally-Anne
Hi Sally-Anne,

Thanks for your reply, I would really appreciate if you let me know if it is appropriate to appeal without the HT support. We hav'nt got the fully HT Summary sheet as of yet as the HT was suppose to speak to my DD's Teachers after we had a word with her yesterday the HT was suppose to come back to us this Afternoon as soon as I have the figures I will post it on the forums......
Once again Thanks for your Help
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now