complaint against independent school

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

moosh

complaint against independent school

Post by moosh »

Not sure if this in the right section.

Following DS 11+ exam he passed VR and Eng but failed Maths by 1 mark. DS independent school was asked to
provide predicted KS2 scores as part of the process.

DS teacher predicted 4's and 4a for maths (the same scores that were achieved in year 5 mock tests) DS actually went
on to score 5a's and (according to school could have got a 6 in maths if such a score existed) Maths score was highest
in class.

GS place not offered as predicted scores not considered high enough for GS. All this information came out at failed appeal.

Feel really angry with class teacher as feel she let her own personal predjudice of grammar schools - which were well known -
influence her report to GS.

I have written to HT of school but have not had a reply and have just found out he retiring at end of this term.

Appreciate that nothing can be done now about GS place but would really like this teacher held to account before she jeopardizes another child's chances of a GS education.

Any advice gratefully received as to what to do next and how far can I take this matter.

Thank you
Etienne

Re: complaint against independent school

Post by Etienne »

I believe that, according to the Independent Schools Council, all schools must now have a published complaints procedure.

Your concerns ought to be addressed through the school's own procedures, involving the head in the first instance and then, failing a satisfactory resolution, the governing body of the school.

Hope this is of some help.
Etienne
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now