119/119 - but - school scores 2:3

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

thefirs

119/119 - but - school scores 2:3

Post by thefirs »

As i have said my son got 119 / 119 - my now worry is the head has given him 2:3 which i have to say i am very unhappy about. I kind of feel that he now has NO chance. The score were obviously derived from year 5, and throughout year 5, the most disruptive, naughty, awful child sat next to him. I can go in there and blame it all on another child but im sure it has had a massive impact on his concentration. Hope anyone???

:twisted: :evil: :cry:
mitasol

Re: 119/119 - BUT - school scores 2:3

Post by mitasol »

Hi thefirs,

Have a look at the Q&A Section E9. http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/11plus ... ers.php#e9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; This deals with headteacher recommendations.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

I wouldn't necessarily worry about the '3'.

The '2' is acceptable, and your case will be decided on the other academic evidence. The more indicators there are of ability, the better:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/11plus ... rs.php#b11" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
thefirs

Post by thefirs »

So , busy putting papers together all predictions for year 6 are in 5's so that is good , but , always a but , I know u recommend sending in school reports but the format of yr 5 report just highlights that he had a bit of a bad year concentraion wise and maths is all ranked as " national av" even though yr 6 predicted 5's . Would it look bad if I didn't put it in ???
thefirs

119 appeal - bucks

Post by thefirs »

So, got my heads supportive letter on Friday and we r predicted all 5b & 5c 's in every subject. But, the yr 5 report isn't great because there is lack of effort in there quite a lot (I have got good mitigating circumstances for this ) the way the report is done isn't that personal and all on a tick chart & although we r predicted 5's for yr 6 it basically shows not above av at all in maths ?? I know we need evidence evidence evidence, but would it look really bad if I didn't put reports in ?? We r in bucks ?? Or should I risk them saying well yr 5 isn't good. Head teacher has put in report that there is a marked improvement so far yr 6 help !!!
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Although we've said panels tend to like having sight of a year 5 report, there's no point submitting it if you feel it weakens your case.
Etienne
thefirs

Post by thefirs »

Well I really do but they are bound to ask why, what do I say ?
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

I think it's highly unlikely they'll ask "Why?"

The LA guidance does not make any particular form of evidence obligatory:
http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/assets/conten ... t_2011.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
..... the IAP will then consider any clear evidence from you to support your claim that your child is of the required academic standard.
Examples of this might be a recent school report or a letter of support from their current or previous school, clearly indicating why your child is considered to be of the required academic standard. Marked school work may be brought in on the day of the appeal and the clerk will ensure it is shown to the panel at the end of your appeal before they make their decision. [my italics]
In the unlikely event that you are asked, you can say you thought the panel would be interested in the most up-to-date information available, namely the headteacher's appeal summary sheet.

Obviously, any parent who has got a good year 5 report ought to submit it because the more good evidence there is, the better!
Etienne
thefirs

APPEAL PACK WORRY :-(

Post by thefirs »

Got appeals pack through with all the stats. Very worried that the little chart that shows children with 1:1 , 1:2's etc how many appealed & how many got through.
As I have said before DS got a 2:3 and Ettiene said not to worry about the 3, BUT on this chart 7 with 2:3 put forward and 0 got through ??!! PANIC !!!
DS got 119/119
Advice anyone, hope is falling :(
Appeal in 10 days
TraffordMum

Re: APPEAL PACK WORRY :-(

Post by TraffordMum »

You need to put the 2:3 results in the context of the other results. How many children were recommended in each of the categories and how many got through?

eg 1:1 4 rec, 2 passed
1:2 5 rec, 2 passed etc etc

That will help to see if the head did a good job or a bad job.

Plus, remember this list is for the kids at your child's school who were recommended and passed. It's nothing to do with numbers who have successfully appealed (at least, I don't think it is unless things have changed this year.)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now