dyslexia too late

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

helpneeded

dyslexia too late

Post by helpneeded »

this message is for etienne , my daughter has just failed her 11 plus by a couple of marks , on the math test
however, this week she has been tested for dyslexia and has indeed a mild form of dyslexia. i always knew that she had something wrong, but the school always said the symptoms she displayed meant she needed to read more , that was why she never understood the questions.
my question is this , if i knew that she was dyslexic she would have had the extra time in her 11 plus exam to get the extra marks needed.
when i go to appeal, can i take the evidence of the dyslexia test?
would it be considered as enough evidence, to support these lack of marks and support her to grammer school, would they ask her to re sit the test? i am so confused and dissapointed that the school never diagnoised this, and that she would have had the extra time for her to read and understand the questions better.
HP

Post by HP »

Hi Help Needed,

I have posted a response in the SEN section

HP
guestkent

Post by guestkent »

I presume that since you are posting this in the Kent section, it is the Kent 11+ which your daughter took.

My son is dyslexic and sat the 11+ in Jan. I spoke to KCC about extra time and was told that he would only get it in the English paper, which is only looked at in borderline cases, and that he would not get any extra time in any of the other papers.