help admission form ?lost in department!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
yoohoo1234

help admission form ?lost in department!!

Post by yoohoo1234 »

Help my DD came home with a letter today informing me that there is no record of an application for secondary school for her in the schools admission dept. A form WAS submitted with a stamped addressed envelope which we duly received BEFORE the closing deadline (i do still have this). I am now really worried that this will turn into a long running saga and she will be
peanlised and put into the 'sort these out last' pile. Will she be ok being as we can prove the
form went in before the deadline? now suddenly lost my faith in the department....
gloucestermum

Re: help admission form ?lost in department!!

Post by gloucestermum »

I would certainly contact them asap,and let them know that you have proof that the form was sent in.The fact that you have the confirmation I would think means that there will not be any problems in the future-sounds like an administrative error!!

GM
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Contact them tomorrow - you have an acknowledgement, so the problem is there's. Any concerns ring your county councillor and get them to look into it, your child should not be disadvantaged because of this.
yoohoo1234

Post by yoohoo1234 »

thankyou so much for the helpful and supportive replies. After opening letter was just left thinking, typical why me!
capers123

Post by capers123 »

Follow all the advice above. I would fully expect Shire Hall to put their hands up and say 'sorry' and recreate the form once they hear you have proof that you sent it.

If the worst comes to the worst, you'd find an appeals panel would be very impressed by the evidence you submit - i.e. the S.E.A, and an appeal would be allowed on that ground for whichever school your child would have got into had the LEA not lost the form. That doesn't mean the number one choice if you wouldn't have been allocated it anyway, nor does it mean a grammar if your child wasn't successful at the 11+!

You can remember what you put on it, can't you? ;-)
Capers
yoohoo1234

Post by yoohoo1234 »

Thanks for your reply capers, thats great. I contacted admissions and DD's details and prefernces were found on system which has been confirmed in writing via email... So it seems alls well that ends well. No one sure why we received letter but staff were really helpful. :) She did pass 11 plus so were worried it would disadvantage her if her form was seen to be in late. Never mind, all good now and Lol yes we did just about remember the preferences :lol: :wink:
Take care all and thanks again, roll on march :wink: