langley grammar results 2010

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

samsmum

langley grammar results 2010

Post by samsmum »

I have just received my daughters 11+ RESULTS for the slough consortium she scored 116 -non verbal reasoning and 119 verbal reasoning giving an average score of 118, i know that the pass rate is 111 but the cut off is normally higher , i think last years was 117 , but i do not want her to get her hopes up as i am not sure what sort of score can guarantee getting into the school .i have assured her that 118 is a very good score but what has been the average scores over the last few years to get in? i live 2 minutes walk away from the school aswell would this be a contributing factor in selection?
JaysDarlin

Re: langley grammar results 2010

Post by JaysDarlin »

Dear Sam's Mum.

Please check out the Herschel Grammar Results thread where wee are all discussing the same sort of issues. Best of luck!

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 10&t=18004" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RAIM67

Post by RAIM67 »

Hi - just going through the notes I took at Langley Grammar Open Evening and the admissions officer said that a score of 111 is eligable, and that last year the cut off point was 117. She said that this year the cut off would be 118 and children who scored 111-117 will be placed on a waiting list. My son scored an average of 116 but 137 in the Bucks exams - just goes to show how nerves can get the better of you on the day. Good luck to all but I reckon a score of 118 should get an offer and anyone with 120+ is definately going to be offered a place. Have to work really hard for Tiffins now- which isnt going to be easy ....I am proud of my son and all the hard work he has put in.
chad

Post by chad »

RAIM67 wrote:. She said that this year the cut off would be 118 and children who scored 111-117 will be placed on a waiting list.
Bit perplexed by this as the cut off for first round offers is decided by allocating the available places according to score. The 'cut off' is then the lowest score achieved by the first 145 children who have Langley as the highest achieved preference on the CAF.
This would not be known at the open evening :?
RAIM67

Post by RAIM67 »

Hi Chad

Maybe I didn't word that very well. I do remember taking notes and I think what she was trying to indicate to parents and children at the open evening was that last year they offered places to children who scored 117 so the children should aim for 117/118 to be in with a good chance of getting a place for entry in Sept 2011 but as you say they wouldn't know what the cut off mark would be for this year. Has anyone spoken to the admissions officer at Langley today to get confirmation - I think we will receive the standard answer that allocations will be made by your borough in March. There will be alot of movement after March and once all the results are out.

I hope I haven't confused matters further - I felt quite down on Sat after receiving my son's results - he has worked and continues to work really hard. He panicked at the LG test and scored an average of 116 compared to 137 in Bucks. I even managed to hit my car whislt trying to park because I was that stressed! LOL!
seaking

Post by seaking »

First post here... my DD just received her results with 129 avg (NVR 135, VR 122), is what are her chances of getting in Langley... We haven't put Herschel in our CAF form... :?
RAIM67

Post by RAIM67 »

Wow that's an impressive score - she will definatley get a place! Well done