Redbridge Schools interviews (Bancroft, Chigwell, Forest)

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
wsc

Redbridge Schools interviews (Bancroft, Chigwell, Forest)

Post by wsc »

Have people had interviews for these schools yet?

I know Bancroft's deadline has passed, what about the other 2 schools?
muffinmonster

Re: Redbridge Schools interviews (Bancroft, Chigwell, Forest

Post by muffinmonster »

Both Forest and Chigwell interview before the exams. They have been interviewing since October, but I know that Chigwell are still interviewing people this month in advance of the exam and I imagine Forest are doing the same.

Bancroft's don't interview until after the exam on 22nd Jan. Only those who do sufficiently well in the exam will be called for interview.
wsc

Post by wsc »

muffinmonster wrote:Both Forest and Chigwell interview before the exams. They have been interviewing since October, but I know that Chigwell are still interviewing people this month in advance of the exam and I imagine Forest are doing the same.

Bancroft's don't interview until after the exam on 22nd Jan. Only those who do sufficiently well in the exam will be called for interview.
Thanks. I sent my application forms off quite late, so I am worried I missed the boat :oops:
wsc

Post by wsc »

How did the children find Forest?
Nefertiti

Post by Nefertiti »

Hi
My DS said maths was easy (his best subject); English writing was ok but comprehension was hard, he missed out few questions and some of his friends too. Do you know how many children took the tests?

Nefertiti
bethany

Post by bethany »

I think that about 500 children sat for Forest this year - that's according to the letter we received with all the exam details on.
muffinmonster

Post by muffinmonster »

DS said maths was fine, with only one question he couldn't solve. Comprehension was OK, though he ran out of time and didn't answer the last question. He wrote a rather odd essay, though.

Why isn't there en emoticon for fretting on this site - or is that taken as read?
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

Why isn't there an emoticon for fretting on this site - or is that taken as read?
:lol: :lol:

definitely!
dd34

Post by dd34 »

My DD said the same, Maths easy and English hard, this was a worry as English is her strength. She also ran out of time with English.

Essay titles were not easy for her. I was concerned after hearing what she wrote in her essay, she found it hard to be creative.
bethany

Post by bethany »

At least you seem to be getting a bit more detail out of your DD! I seem to have about a 10 minute window to discuss the exam before she declares that we are not talking about it anymore!! :roll:

I'm sure she is being very sensible as what is done is done etc. But doesn't help my craving to know how she got on and what she wrote etc etc!! Therefore I have no idea about what essay she chose or how it went! :lol:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now