day off from school for tiffin exam

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
veryworriedmum

day off from school for tiffin exam

Post by veryworriedmum »

Hello everyone,

My son is taking his Tiffin test in the afternoon and his school wants him to attend school in the morning! We have to be at the school for his exam around 11.15 am which means will have to leave by 10.15 am so it will be only for about an hour he will be at the school, but I think this will make him really tired for his exam! The head teacher of his school is very strict and doesn't allow term time holidays! I'm confused, would really appreciate any suggestions!

Thanks
veryworriedmum
mystery

Re: day off from school for tiffin exam

Post by mystery »

If you think he will do better in the test by not going in, I personally would do that. But, it is always possible that your son might be better off starting the day as though it is a normal one ........ less time to get worried etc etc. I remember a child my daughter did a ballet exam with - my daughter went straight from a frantic party and was not in the least worried, the other child had spent half the day resting at home beforehand and got dressed for the exam ages beforehand and cried her way through the exam.

Heads are difficult to deal with - --------- suppose you could just write her a highly apologetic letter saying you are sorry about her absence stats, but you feel your son stands a better chance with the day off. I'm not sure, but there might even be a way she can put this down as an authorised absence for educational purposes.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

presumably your son is only going to be at the school until July?
what can they do if you are not there for 90 minutes?
Use your own judgement and do what you consider best
veryworriedmum

Post by veryworriedmum »

Oh thank you everyone for your suggestions! I didn't send my son and that was the right thing to do coz he was very anxious on the previous night and didn't have a sound sleep! His exam went well fingers crossed hoping for the best!

Thanks once again
veryworriedmum
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now