Hello again! and Good Luck

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Suey12

Hello again! and Good Luck

Post by Suey12 »

Just thought I'd drop by and wish Good Luck to all pupils taking entrance exams this coming month.

This time last year it was our turn, so I do know how you are all feeling :shock:

As we learned, things may not always turn out how you expect, but for most people I think there is a happy ending.

(I'm getting stressed, just remembering all the emotions we went through !!!).

Hang on in there :D
sherry_d

Re: Hello again! and Good Luck

Post by sherry_d »

Good to hear from you Suey12. How is your DD getting on at her not so new school now?
Impossible is Nothing.
muffinmonster

Post by muffinmonster »

Hi Suey12 - very nice of you to think of us. I remember your waiting list anguish from last year. Hope your DD is happy at her school.
Suey12

Post by Suey12 »

Hi everyone - my DS (I didn't expect you to remember that! there are hundreds of posters on here!!), is getting on well at his new school. I think the first term is a real learning curve for the new Year 7's, and he coped well, academically and socially.

Between you and I - I'm still yearning for the Independant school that we had to let go - we are still on the waitlist - but even if they called now, with a place for DS, I don't know what I would do!!! It would be difficult for him to move into a fully-formed year group, not knowing anyone. However, I'm sure they would be accommodating and look after him, if they wanted our fees !!!! They have assured me that places always become available in Year 9, as pupils often move to boarding schools at that age. Oh lovely, another big dilemma to keep me occupied! :D

I'm a strong believer in 'things happen for a reason', so maybe he's better off in the state school. We'll never know!

Hope all your DSs and DDs are enjoying school and doing well.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi Suey12!

Glad to see you here again. I think year 9 may be an option for you - he won't be the only starter and quite a few schools move forms around at that time. Still - a whole year to think about it!!

Herman
x
Suey12

Post by Suey12 »

Hi Herman, thank you for that - I didn't consider that he wouldn't be the only starter in Year 9 - you have made my day!!! x
zorro

Post by zorro »

At my son's school about 20 boys joined the school in Y9 - they took the 13+ . I think it's a good time to start a new school as they are a bit more mature. I would definitely consider this option.
Loopyloulou

Post by Loopyloulou »

Thanks for your good wishes suey :D . I'm just about to go through all this for (probably) the very last time - hurrah! This time around though we've just entered for the one school...hearing from you has reminded me that that's risky...stress...... :!:
Loopy
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

Oh dear I am not sure why I thought you had a DD. :oops:

Glad its going well with your son.

I am feeling a bit relaxed about the whole thing at the moment with about 2 weeks to go. Hope it stays that way.
Impossible is Nothing.
Suey12

Post by Suey12 »

Hi sherry_d, glad you are feeling relaxed, long may that continue!

I'm determined that, if we ever have to go through this again (at 13+ ???), I shall sing my way through it all :lol: - I was totally exhausted by the time DS started his new school - I was hopeful right up until that point that we would be exchanging uniforms and heading towards our preferred school - don't think I'll ever give up on it!!!!

Thank goodness I only have one DS :D
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now