when to start on tests

Advice on 11 Plus VR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
wizard

when to start on tests

Post by wizard »

I am trying to sort out a timetable in my head for introducing short and then later full tests to my ds2. Ds1 passed the 11+ two years ago but his tutor only introduced him to full tests in mid October and he really struggled to get the timings right by the real test in Nov.So I want to give ds2 more time and spread them out a bit.

We have started doing method and technique for different question types. From what I have read on the forum should we be looking at short papers (IPS or Tutors) around Feb, Bright Sparks around July and GL old and new from Sept? I presume in the meantime in Jan/Feb we look at individual questions prior to introducing the IPS short papers?

I would be grateful for your comments.
patricia

Re: when to start on tests

Post by patricia »

Dear Wizard

Which area/school are you applying for?

Patricia
wizard

Re: when to start on tests

Post by wizard »

We are Wiltshire so also have maths and english papers as well as Vr. It would be really useful to know roughly how many weeks/months prior to the real test that your DC started practising full papers.

Also I hadn't heard of the short papers when DS1 did his 11+ preparation so we went from doing 10 questions (10 minutes) to 50 questions (50 minutes).Those that have used the short papers either for VR or maths, again how many months before the test did you use them?

Thanks.