Advice on French holiday campsites

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
ausvic

Advice on French holiday campsites

Post by ausvic »

We are thinking of going on first French adventure with teen DSs. Can anyone recommend a campsite. Do like a bit of luxury in the accommodation!! We will be getting ferry from Dover to Calais. Have looked at the obvious (E...camps) but wonder if there are any individual sites out there. Don't know a lot about France so any help would be greatly appreciated :D
Sally-Anne

Re: Advice on French holiday campsites

Post by Sally-Anne »

Le Chateau des Marais near Chambord in the Loire valley is one of our all time favourites. Not too big, a pleasant parc, flat for cycling (they do bike hire), nice pool area, a shop, bar and pretty decent restaurant. Lots and lots to see in the area, and a great starting point for discovering France. Keycamps and Eurocamps both have mobile homes there (not surprising as they are part of the same company). I think Canvas now have mobiles there as well?
Gman

Post by Gman »

Camping Castels is a marketing group of sites. The standard is very high. Each site is unique and offers plenty of activities.

And at many you will find the usual operators.
ausvic

Post by ausvic »

Thank you. I will have a look at these
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Parc de Alicorts in the Loire is nice. All the big companies go there although I think they call it something different. We booked direct with the site and had one of their bunglaows which was MUCH nicer than a mobile home, and cheaper. I presume they still do the same. It was a lovely site, only drawback is that it is quite a long way from anywhere if you want to eat out, which didn't bother us too much as the kids were quite young at the time and it was less streesful to stay put!! :lol:
scary mum