Kendrick Pass Rate

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
ReadingDad

Kendrick Pass Rate

Post by ReadingDad »

Hi,

Does anyone know what % must be achieved to be offered a place at Kendrick? I know this depends very much on the cohort but it would be good to get an idea of the level required.

My DD is getting between 85 and 90% in VR and NVR using the Bonds Test Papers but not sure if enough at this stage.

Also do many girls apply from The Abbey for Kendrick?
chad

Re: Kendrick Pass Rate

Post by chad »

I have have done a 'search' using the key words of kendrick, % and score.
It seems that the consensus is about 85 - 90 % raw score... can't get it any closer than that... sorry. :roll:

Not from your area of berks so can't advise about Abbey applicants. Hopefully someone that knows the schools will have some more information.
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

A couple of years ago a forum member was top of the Kendrick waiting list with a raw score of 87% overall on VR/NVR and was offered a place, so you are in the ball park.

Many apply for Kendrick and Abbey.

From Abbey junior, I bet lots apply for Kendrick but may not shout about it as they may feel it could be seen as disloyal to Abbey.
Shack

Post by Shack »

Hi,

It's been a while since I have visited the forum, it was my DD that got in to Kendrick from the waiting list having scored 87% in VR and NVR. On the day she was 18th on the waiting list, but within an hour of the offers coming out she was sat in 1st place as 17 others had been given places at their first choice school and offers had been made from the waiting list. We were lucky I think as I've noticed that there hasn't been as much movement that early on in the 2 years since.

At home my daughter was getting 90-95% in the test papers, although that was on NFER and not Bond. We didn't use a tutor, but did attend a couple of sessions at a 11+ centre after receiving details on a flyer after the open evening in September.

Quite a few girls do sit the test from The Abbey, there are atleast 8 Abbey girls in my daughters year, she is now in Year 8. Given that the tests are set by NFER, I would suggest that you need to be aiming for 90+% on these papers as nerves do get the better of most children on the day.

I am just about to go through the whole thing again myself, but this time with DS for RBS :? .
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now