11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
loobyloo66

Colyton results

Post by loobyloo66 »

Anybody out there know when Colyton send out the 11+ results? :D
Scrumpy

Re: Colyton results

Post by Scrumpy »

Sorry..... you will have to wait until 1st March.....this is the first year Colyton will not issue 11+ results at the end of Jan. They will leave it to the LEA to break the news :(
tiredmumof2

Post by tiredmumof2 »

DD got in to Colyton - 7 of her class did, so lots of celebrating in East Devon for us. Seems to have been a bit of a lottery this year though, with some very clever kids not getting through, and some seemingly not so sharp ones romping home.

It's all about the performance on the day unfortunately - but very glad my DD held her nerve and did it!
pilchard

Post by pilchard »

Great news Tired mum. :D My DS was successful too, but a few surprises in his class as well, with some very able children not passing.
Dartmoormum

Post by Dartmoormum »

Seven from one school is amazing. Mine passed but was the only one out of many who took the exam from our school. We are very unpopular at the moment. :( It has rather killed the joy.
bluechip

Post by bluechip »

Can't even imagine their disappointment but I'm sure ur being sensitive, they should be pleased at least someone got in, sure at least one will come round nd say well done.

Well anyways go celebrate well done wat an achievement wooooohooooo your child got in. 6 mths time ull be with new school with parents all pleased for you
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Dartmoormum wrote:Seven from one school is amazing. Mine passed but was the only one out of many who took the exam from our school. We are very unpopular at the moment. :( It has rather killed the joy.
Congratulations from all of us here to you and your DC!!!

... people can be very funny about these things but don't worry it will all pan out and you can be excited on here!
Dartmoormum

Post by Dartmoormum »

Awww thanks you have made my day ! I never thought getting in would be hard in itself. :D Congratulations to all that did get in. I think there may be a few appeals from our school. Some very bright kids missed it this year.
tiredmumof2

Post by tiredmumof2 »

Sorry to hear that your elation has been tempered by results of the other children at your DS' school, dartmoormum - but WELL DONE to your DS and Pilchard's. We have already had the champagne out and think we might have to indulge again at the weekend......

Thanks Hermanmunster too - have to say that this site has been really helpful in keeping me sane over the past 6 months, so thanks to all.

A year to pause and regroup and then it's time for number 2.......
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now