Awaiting 11+ results - anyone else like cat on hot tin roof?

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Doblinski

Awaiting 11+ results - anyone else like cat on hot tin roof?

Post by Doblinski »

DD's 11+ results are not out 'til early March - seems long way off. I keep checking in here about 5 times a day in the hope that I'll get some sort of divine inspiration to help with the wait!

I need to keep busier and stop roaming chat-rooms. It's especially silly as DD's 2nd choice school's really fab, so why am I worrying like a noodle - it's exhausting!

Are any of you being as jumpy about the results - how're you keeping busy?
marigold

Re: Awaiting 11+ results - anyone else like cat on hot tin r

Post by marigold »

Just you wait until the weekend before National Offer Day, cat on a hot tin roof does not even begin to describe it !

Last year there were a lot of rumours on the board that some regions had in error, released online results two days early. It did not effect my area but I cannot tell you how many million times I was on the Council site for a quick peek just in case.
From the number of other posters at that time there were many, many others of the same frame of mind .You will have a lot of company on here in the next few weeks fear not, and good luck to all of you waiting.

Marigold
Rugbymum

Post by Rugbymum »

Yes - its the 2nd and last time for me, I don't know how parents with more than 2 children cope :? Does not help that we have got the indie exam coming up soon and I feel very guilty about putting DC through this as well as the 11 plus.
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

marigold wrote:Last year there were a lot of rumours on the board that some regions had in error, released online results two days early. It did not effect my area but I cannot tell you how many million times I was on the Council site for a quick peek just in case.
B'ham was one of those - I had a look at our application last night just on the off chance they'd failed to fix the problem - nothing to see unfortunately :lol: .

Now that Christmas is out of the way I find I have some brain cells spare to start thinking about 11+! Indie exams will provide a distraction for a few more weeks but there will be nothing to keep me from worrying all through February...

Mike
EQchick

Post by EQchick »

Hi there,

Very new to this forum, but am like a cat on a scalding tin roof. Yesterday we received an email from Sutton Boys saying our son had passed the exam. They didn't tell us his result, and we don't have any idea if he'll be offered a place, but we weren't expecting any emails before March.

Anyone else in the same boat?

EQ
yogkruti

Post by yogkruti »

When are the results actually out (online/ email)?

Is it:

00:01 on the 1st March (i.e just past midnight 28th Feb)

or

00:01 on 2nd March (i.e just past midnight 1st March) ?

Yes... can't wait!
Gorgeous

Post by Gorgeous »

1700 - 1st March.
Gorgeous

Post by Gorgeous »

Sorry, have just realised it probably depends on your area.
Doblinski

Post by Doblinski »

I think ours is 1st March too, but if regisered online I think we can get it some hours before earlier.

Oddly, we find out the school place before GS results are out. So in our case if my second choice school is offered then we haven't got an 11+ place, I wonder if they'll put the out of borough GS down as our first if we have got in-guess they must do?
yogkruti

Post by yogkruti »

Anyone know what happens for Herts?