Tiffin Test - second sitting

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

atestingtime

Tiffin Test - second sitting

Post by atestingtime »

School told me that the resit date for the boys Tiffin Test is this Monday 17th and that the children do sit the same test as last week students. Does anyone know when Tiffin girls do their second sitting? Does either school do further tests sittings after this date? For what reason?

Tiffin boys school have allowed a second sitting for all those who were away from illness and those who were not able to do orginal date owing to other School test clashes.

My DS remembered lots of questions from the Verbal paper and it would be nice to ask opinions and pass this on to next years cohort - so when are we free to discuss any of it?!
WP

Re: Tiffin Test - second sitting

Post by WP »

After the reserve date (next Monday), I guess.
Rosette

Post by Rosette »

atestingtime wrote:Tiffin boys school have allowed a second sitting for all those who were away from illness and those who were not able to do orginal date owing to other School test clashes.
Which begs the question, "why on earth did Tiffins change their test date to clash with test dates of private schools?"!!!!
Rosette
Doblinski

Post by Doblinski »

Probably remembered it wrong but thought Tiffin Girls 2nd date was 14th?
JGBallard

Post by JGBallard »

Don't think it would be 14th as NLC do their group 2 test then.
sgcmum

Post by sgcmum »

it is 14th for tiffin girls.i was praying dd wouldn't fall ill on 6th so there wouldn't be any problems.tiffins dont seem to take all that into account.
Doblinski

Post by Doblinski »

Don't shoot the messenger but, does this mean the exam can be discussed now? Actually DD cannot remember much so we'd be no use! And if I tried to quiz her she'd almost certainly look at me like this :evil: or this :shock:or possibly this :x
oak

Post by oak »

I guess we can...they have in previous years. Anyway, I can start and maybe get into trouble.
My DD found NVR pretty easy and VR much harder.
Doblinski

Post by Doblinski »

DD ran out of time on NVR and had to guess the all last line of questions - mmmm not holding my breath, think our 2nd choice is quite likely.
vnunny

Post by vnunny »

Ditto Doblinski, ds guessed last 10 or so of NVR and ran out of time (never did in previous practice tests), said VR was ok...
Comforting myself with the fact that if HE found it difficult, and he is a v bright boy who's been tutored for a year and has supportive happy parents, then everyone should have found it hard...
How are we going to wait without going MAD??!!

vnunny
6 weeks and 1 day to go...
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now