KES Exam Results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

no_ball

KES Exam Results

Post by no_ball »

Has any one heard from KES yet? Is it too early for the initial calls?
thelight

Re: KES Exam Results

Post by thelight »

hi i have not heard and am waiting! however i know they have started calling people
for interviews. i called them yesterday and they confirmed that decisions are still being made.

i think they are calling boys eligable for scholarship first then fee assisited places then border line. i dont know if they will call me as my DS present school has not even sent back the school report which they have had over a week now.

if you hear anything from KES please let me know and i will do same.

good luck!
no_ball

Post by no_ball »

hi there,

still waiting to hear for interview if DS has done well; it shows to me that KES is a cut above the rest as he got called back to the other 3 indies within 1 week, in 2 days after sitting Warwick. There, he has 2 interviews!! Radio silence from KES...still. Hope is fast fading. And then there are the grammars to come.
fm

Post by fm »

As far as I can gather from this year (and previous), they have called in potential scholarship winners this week, calls having been made on Thursday or Friday. Next week I think they will start on potential bursary winners. Then it will be borderline. Borderline children will learn on the offer letter if they have secured a place or been put on the waiting list.

You may, however, hear nothing from KES until the offer or turndown letter arrives. Last year they did not interview any of my 'ordinary' passes at all and the first they knew that they had passed was the letter.

KES may not actually be a 'cut above the rest' as far as quality of teaching is concerned. It is more a case that the competition is stiffer, there being a much larger pool from which to draw in a large city such as Birmingham.
no_ball

Post by no_ball »

Thanks fm for the information. Can I deduce then that it is unlikely DS will be interviewed for scholarship as we have not heard yet?

He had a scholarship interview at solihull today and 2 tomorrow at Warwick. We still await feedback from the grammars.

For us all avenues are open, based on his performance at the indies he may get a letter of an offer at KES, but that may be about it.
fm

Post by fm »

I can only go by what normally happens if any of my pupils are interviewed for scholarship. They usually get the call in the week following the exam for interviews the following week.

I can see why you were optimistic about the possibility of a scholarship but these things can be quite arbitary. Certainly I would never try to predict which of my students might get a call from KES.

I would think, however, you can be reasonably confident he has passed for KES.

In fact, it is actually harder to pass Camp Hill in my opinion.
no_ball

Post by no_ball »

From what I have read here in the past year, kech is one of the more trickier to pass.

Trying to impress on ds that he has done fantastic with 3 out of the 4 calling him back. Let's see how tomorrow goes. Although kes seems the right school not 100% convinced about IB or even IGCSE, interesting days ahead for some of us.
JaneEyre

Post by JaneEyre »

no_ball wrote:T

He had a scholarship interview at solihull today and 2 tomorrow at Warwick.
Hi no-ball, good luck for the interviews!

However, I don't understand why your DS has two interviews for the same school. :shock: Does your DS apply for a sport or a music interview in which case, he has an interview with the head of sport/music AND an interview with the head master?
no_ball

Post by no_ball »

i think one is with maths teacher (did well in maths I suppose) and one with the head...most bizarre, but these are strange days..
JaneEyre

Post by JaneEyre »

Thanks for your answer! That's funny to have an interview with a math teacher... Well done for your DS! Can you keep us informed, plz? Will it be math questions to see his reactions ? Or will it be a more general conversation, about his love for maths (I think the former is more probable than the latter).

You did trigger my curioisty!! :lol:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now