Commuting to Merchant Taylors

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

ranmis

Commuting to Merchant Taylors

Post by ranmis »

Could anyone please let me know the bus stops in the Bushey & Watford area, where the Merchant Taylors, Northwood, bus picks up the boys from? We are planning to move closer to the school once my sons place in the school is confirmed. I would like him to be independent in terms of commuting to school and also would like him to be able to take part in as many after school activities as possible, without having to depend on us for commuting
hilltop

Re: Commuting to Merchant Taylors

Post by hilltop »

Coach routes and stops are on their website under Admissions. It doesn't say whether they do late coaches for after school activities.
ranmis

Post by ranmis »

I've seen the routes on the website. Unfortunately, it doesnot specify stops around bushey and watford. I need more details
mad?

Post by mad? »

ranmis wrote:I've seen the routes on the website. Unfortunately, it doesnot specify stops around bushey and watford. I need more details
Well then I think you can assume the that school bus does not pick up there and that children use public transport. Why don't you ask the school after all they are quite likely to know?
mad?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

as it suggests on the website why don't you try e-mailing them?

Most schools with bus services adjust the routes to suit the kids they are picking up, if there aren't any in a particular area then they will miss that out.

Also few schools do regular "late" buses though some do one. Other schools eg Trent expect everyone to stay and do something (even just prep) and hence none of the buses go until 1700 or later.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now