Bond assessment papers

Advice on 11 Plus VR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

alberta

Bond assessment papers

Post by alberta »

Hi I know Bond assessment papers are recommended to help prepare for bucks 11+ but there are so many different ones? Is it the assessment papers which are best and if so which ones as they have first papers, second, third etc.

thanks.
Y

Re: Bond assessment papers

Post by Y »

Hi Alberta

Bond assessment papers are *not * suitable for the Bucsk 11+. See this post for details of what to use:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... =12&t=4782" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
alberta

Post by alberta »

Thank you sooo much!! that is such a help!!!
alberta

Post by alberta »

I am so much more confident now about home tutoring since I have joined this site!!! :D :D :D :D
stargazer

Post by stargazer »

[quote="Y"]Hi Alberta

[color=#0000FF]Bond assessment papers are *not * suitable for the Bucsk 11+. See this post for details of what to use:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... =12&t=4782" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[/quote][/color]

How about the Sutton exams for girls and boys?
Are Bond of any benefit eg for the vocab? Or are we completely off the track?

Stargazer
moved

Post by moved »

I think Bond have their place regarding vocab, lateral thinking, etc. Any areas that have the test set by GL assessment will need the list from the above link.
stargazer

Post by stargazer »

[quote="moved"]I think Bond have their place regarding vocab, lateral thinking, etc. Any areas that have the test set by GL assessment will need the list from the above link.[/quote]

Thanks 'Moved'. I think I am clearer now. It really does help to post a query, rather than trying to deduce an answer.

Am I right in thinking, Bond VR is suitable for Yr 4, but come Yr 5, Patricia list of papers are the ones to concentrate on?

Sorry to be so prescriptive!
moved

Post by moved »

Patricia's list follow the format of the exam as closely as possible. Bond involves techniques that are not required for the 11+ so beg the question of why study them? I'm not sure of the level required of your test, but when you start formal work, usually January of year 5 I would use Patricia's list.
stargazer

Post by stargazer »

Thank you so much 'Moved'. This site, does cut to the chaste, it's so helpful, it's like chatting to your best friend.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now