NLCS interview

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
nia1999

NLCS interview

Post by nia1999 »

Hi

Not sure if this is the right section but just wanted some tips for upcoming NLCS interview.The letter states that they are looking at DD s aptitude and ability but just wanted to know if there were any parents of successful applicants from previous years that could provide any background /tips..

Thanks

Nia1999 :idea:
Daogroupie

Re: NLCS interview

Post by Daogroupie »

Barnetdad is the one to ask. His dd got an offer from NCLS and they nearly went there, paid the deposit but at the last minute fell in love with HBS. Send him a pm, he might have notification set up. Good Luck and well done for getting that interview. Do let us all know how you get on in GodLand! DG
BarnetDad

Post by BarnetDad »

...and enjoy the biscuits. Someone pointed out to me that they might be good, but could also be regarded as the most expensive in town!
Ellie

Post by Ellie »

Hi Nia please see my post for CLSG interview. My dd's were offered NLCS but too far away for us. The interviews for the consortium schools are very similar, in fact so similar that my dd's were asked the exact same questions at 2 of the schools.
nia1999

Post by nia1999 »

Hi all

Well just back from Godland as DAO puts it.....The much dreaded interview was today ...If nothing else the biscuits were very nice ! DD seemed ages but given what the ask them to do not surprising..The formidable Ms McCabe was charming as you would expect but the girls of the school like HBS are the real assets .....
So thats its for now ......

Nia1999
HBShope

Post by HBShope »

Nia, thanks for the update. DD has got her interview tomorrow , can you give us some info on the format of the interview, types of questions asked?
rnch

Post by rnch »

Hi Nia,
Good to hear some feedback re the NLCS interview. We have ours on Friday and wondered what we were meant to do while the girls are in for their interview - I suppose a casual chat with the senior staff or is it more of a personal sit down one-to-one with the Head?
nia1999

Post by nia1999 »

Rnch

A bit of both actually....Whilst you re sipping coffee and awaiting the interviewer the girls go and chat to some present pupils and you along with other parents then chat to a present parent who extols the virtues of NLCS....All very slick and designed to put you at ease ....When DD gets taken away for her interview you along with your fellow parents get taken into Ms McCabes study for a bit of a chat etc etc...

I,m sure you will come out thinking what a wonderful life .....

Gd Luck
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now