Reading question

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
aliportico

Reading question

Post by aliportico »

Not urgent at all but if I don't ask now I'm likely to forget I wanted to know!

I know the Reading tests have been all multiple choice for the last couple of years, but is it 'circle a letter on the question paper' or 'make a mark on a separate answer sheet'?

stevew61

Re: Reading question

Post by stevew61 »

Just checked with DS1 it is a separate answer book.

It was a fill in the circle type answer sheet, not the usual NFER draw a line [ ] type!

We looked at a few different multiple choice answer grids just in case they changed the format. :oops: :lol:
dams

Post by dams »

Thanks Stevew61, will it be the same format for Kendrick as well?
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

dams wrote:Thanks Stevew61, will it be the same format for Kendrick as well?
No! :) Kendrick is NFER Standard Format, so for the NVR you circle your choice of a,b,c,d,e on the question paper, and for VR you write in your answer on the question paper, just like the Standard Format NFER papers available from the webshop,

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/books/ ... 3D0%23b402" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

dams,

Just looked at your post in Wiltshire and you are using Bond books, for Kendrick VR you need

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/books/ ... %3D7%23b78" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

11 plus Verbal Reasoning Technique And Practice 1 by Susan Daughtrey

Books 1-4 covering 35 main question types.
dams

Post by dams »

Stevew61, thanks for your quick response.
dams

Post by dams »

stevew61 wrote:dams,

Just looked at your post in Wiltshire and you are using Bond books, for Kendrick VR you need

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/books/ ... %3D7%23b78" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

11 plus Verbal Reasoning Technique And Practice 1 by Susan Daughtrey

Books 1-4 covering 35 main question types.

Yes, we started with using Bond books, but now moved on to the Susan Daugherty books. DD is on the second book now.

I also downloaded some of the e-papers from this website (MW Educational) for Verbal reasoning. They seem to have the answer sheets in the multiple choice format. I guess we better to stick with the standard format answer sheets rather than using the multiple choice format.
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

I guess we better to stick with the standard format answer sheets rather than using the multiple choice format.
Yes, although I use some multiple choice materials for DD if she is not getting it, usually on the maths ones, I use some lower level Tutors e-papers that I have on my PC left over from DS1 & DS2 trying for Reading. Tonight I had to make up some simpler versions of the complete the sum 10=( + ) as three numbers in brackets was a step too far a year 4 DD doing it for fun. :)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now