When/how do we get results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Dorset

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
bustwinks

When/how do we get results

Post by bustwinks »

Hi, with not long to go now I am now wondering when we actually recieve the results here in Dorset. My case is a bit more complicated because we live in Hampshire but have applied for GS in Dorset. I applied on line, so do we recieve the results my email, or do we have to log on to website, if so do I log onto Hants or Dorset or Bournemouth for that matter....sorry for silly questions but its all new to me!...or do I just have to wait for our really slow postman who never gets here till about 3pm !!!! and tyhen that will be possible the 2nd or 3rd March .

Waiting in anticipation !
mitasol

Re: When/how do we get results

Post by mitasol »

From the Hampshire LEA website

http://www3.hants.gov.uk/education/admi ... ply-y7.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tuesday 1 March 2011

On this date, online applicants will receive an email, after 5pm, advising them of the outcome of their application. The email will prompt them to logon to the Hampshire online admissions system using their secure account details to respond to the school place being offered.
You will only be contacted by your own LEA. I'm not sure what information the GS will send out.
bustwinks

Post by bustwinks »

Thank you mitasol
paula

Post by paula »

Lucky you I'm in Poole and although we can apply online at present there are no facilities to notify us of the outcome online :cry:
Will just have to wait for the post on 2nd.
bustwinks

Post by bustwinks »

Hello Paula, thats not good, I take it your dc sat for Poole grammar...good luck, not long to go now!
paula

Post by paula »

Hi Bustwinks- DD2 sat for Parkstone GS - she may well prefer Poole but it just for boys :wink:
bustwinks

Post by bustwinks »

whoops...sorry :lol:
dutchess

Post by dutchess »

Hi, we're in Dorset but at Hampshire schools, so am aware that you can log onto your local authority website after 4 or 5 I think and the school they have been allocated will be there.Though this is for dorset. Last year I was told that the system crashed at this time and it took several frantic hours before they could get results, sounds far more stressful than waiting for the post the next day :lol:
But alas, we also applied oline, so no doubt will be amongst the stressful trying to get on, now consider myself an expert after getting Take That tickets last year :lol:
This last month has dragged by, but we're on the homeward stretch now, whatever the outcome, have decided to take everyone out for tea by way of celebration 8)
bustwinks

Post by bustwinks »

Hi Dutchess, we are in Hants, go to Hants School, but gs in dorset...so I take it we log onto Hants website from 4pm on March 1st ?

Really starting to panic now !

Good job our local comp just came out top in the area, in the new league tables

Good luck to your dd....let me know how it goes
MrsK40

Post by MrsK40 »

Hi Bustwinks

We were in your position last year..(living in Hants, applying to Bournemouth School in Dorset and in catchment for the Outstanding Comp) in fact, reading between the lines... I'm wondering if you live near us? - I shall PM you with details of what happened to us last year. :)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now