Arrrgh help

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
esw4

Arrrgh help

Post by esw4 »

I have just received my IPS maths and verbal reasoning books. I was hoping I would be able to assist my son at home with his 11 plus preparation and I am shocked at how hard it is. I have a first in a Bsc which I think I would much rather do again than this. Any tips on getting to grips with it. Thanks
Belinda

Re: Arrrgh help

Post by Belinda »

Last edited by Belinda on Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

Which IPS book did you get for VR? IPS Method and Techniques is a good start and gives you an understanding of what VR is. My guess is thats not the one you got.

For Maths get the Bond How to do 11+. Its a good start but dont fret if your DS cant do the exercises, its to help you know what to cover and what he needs to cover then you can move to the IPS books you got.

Its overwhelming when you see the books at first but you can do it. You'll soon be talking the 11+ lingo like the types of VR and all related. If you get stuck on a question there are spacific maths and VR boards here where you can post your question.

Also Medway put a lot of weight on extended writing so make sure you work towards that too as VR has less weight.
Last edited by sherry_d on Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Impossible is Nothing.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Last edited by Belinda on Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
esw4

Post by esw4 »

I do have the m&t book. I will look it over and shout panic if I need to. Thanks everyone. :D