Home based jobs??

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
bagesh

Home based jobs??

Post by bagesh »

Does anyone know the best way to find home based jobs?
Thanks in advance.
scarlett

Re: Home based jobs??

Post by scarlett »

I'm feeling sorry for you in that no one has replied ! Give us a little more information ! What sort of job are you thinking of ?
bustwinks

Post by bustwinks »

I'm feeling sorry for you in that no one has replied
Scarlett, that is so kind of you, how lovely !

Whoop's a few too many Quotes in there, cant get the hang of them !
mystery

Post by mystery »

Let me know if you find some good suggestions. Currently I am unpaid replying to lots of threads on elevenplusexams!!

Do the moderators on this site get paid?
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Well thank you very much ,Bustwinks !!!

I note Bagesh is now offline.....come back we're here to help !!!!!
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

You do such a great job at replying though Mystery ! I think you would make a very competent mod. :D

What sort of jobs can you do at home ? I suppose it would depend on your skills/ education .I think in the olden days knitting gloves or sticking stamps on envelopes was quite popular ! :shock:
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

I looked into this quite seriously when I gave up work to care for my eldest daughter.

There are a lot of rip-off merchants out there so you need to be very careful.

There are a lot more 'working from home' jobs advertised these days on the job centre plus websites. There is also a very good website which caters for working from home - google for Working Mums.

DO NOT EVER send anyone any money for any work they promise to give you (eg: stuffing envelopes, making hand made cards etc, etc, etc - these are the rip off sites!). If a job is real they will pay you, just like going out to work. I have to admit a lot of the work from home jobs are telephone based - either making appointments or sales, neither or which are my line of work, so I didn't pursue them. But they may be relevant to you, or you may get lucky and find something else entirely different.

If you are looking for work to fit around the children whilst they're at school, someone I know hit upon the great idea of offering teachers a cleaning service during term time only - works both ways for both of them!
mystery

Post by mystery »

That does sound like an excellent idea.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

mystery wrote:Let me know if you find some good suggestions. Currently I am unpaid replying to lots of threads on elevenplusexams!!

Do the moderators on this site get paid?
no!
we are just lovely kind people who fritter away our leisure glued to epe for the common good ( and the occasional square of chocolate)
ausvic

Post by ausvic »

Snowdrops wrote: If you are looking for work to fit around the children whilst they're at school, someone I know hit upon the great idea of offering teachers a cleaning service during term time only - works both ways for both of them!
Given the comments of some of the forum members on the 'advice needed from working mums' not sure this is a job for everyone :lol:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now