Pass mark

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now

Pass mark

Post by Guest »

Does anyone know what the Southend and Westcliff pass marks were this year?
Guest120

Post by Guest120 »

if in catchment (ie your child attends a Southend school) the pass mark was 302.5 not sure what the pass mark was out of catchment, hope that helps.
Guest62

Post by Guest62 »

Hi

My daughter was out of catchment & her standardised score was 331.5. She came 87 out of 261 for Southend & 147 out of 347 for Westcliff.

She was offered her 1st choice Westcliff but would also been offered Southend if this had been her 1st choice.

Hope this is help.

Post by Guest »

our son was offered out of catchment shbs
His standardised score was 331.5
he also made westcliffe but shbs was our 1st choice

Post by Guest »

Thank you for your replies. Do you know if the score of 302.5 applies to both schools? I thought that Westcliff had a higher pass mark than Southend, which is why more out of catchment children get into Westcliff? Could be wrong though.
Thanks.
Guest456

Pass Mark

Post by Guest456 »

I spoke to the consortium just after the results came through and they told me that this year it was a bit of an about turn for the Southend boys achools, because SHSB had more 1st choice in-catchment applicants, I believe for the first time in many years all of the in-catchment places were allocated and so only roughly 25 places were left for out of catchment, whereas WHSB did not fill all of their in-catchment places so there were about 100 out of catchment places available.
The rough standardised score required this year for out of catchment was as follows:

SHSB 326
WHSB 312, both schools had roughly the same 1st and 2nd choice applicants this year - about 700. The in-catchment score would obviously be lower.

My son gained an out of catchment 2nd choice place at WHSB with a score of 320.64 and although he is very high on the list for SHSB, because so few boys are turning places down, it is unlikely that he will get in - no matter, we are still thrilled!

Hope this helps!!!
Guest120

Post by Guest120 »

anyone know the last cut off place for SHSB/WHSB. Am trying to get an appeal together and this information would be useful to have. Many thanks.
Guest456

Post by Guest456 »

Hi Guest120

Just out of interest, have you contacted the Southend school Admissions line, they are very helpful and can tell you where your child is on the waiting lists and also how many children have so far rejected their Southend Grammar places. I believe people within the borough had until last Friday to turn down an offered place.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now