Interview Tips

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Mummyto3

Interview Tips

Post by Mummyto3 »

DS has interviews this week and next with Trinity and Whitgift. I have advised him to be himself - he is fairly confident and can talk for England - tell them the reasons why he wishes to attend their school and what he wishes to do when he is older.

I understand he may be asked some questions and may have to do a reading, he also has to bring in a project to discuss - he enjoys making planes using different materials and we thought this would be good for him to bring as he is quite knowledgable about that. Am I on the right track??

Any tips/advice would be helpful.

Thank you
AB

Post by AB »

It sounds very good - the project choice of 'aeroplanes'. Very topical as well, considering the miraculous Airbus 320 crash-landing in the Hudson River in the news last week. He could talk about that as well and what materials real planes are made of to be able to absorb the impact of a crash etc etc...

Good luck.

AB
Mummyto3

Post by Mummyto3 »

Oooh!! Forgot about that, will remind him to discuss. Thought they might mention about Obama, and he has it in his head about Gaza and the ceasefire - told him not sure they will ask about that!
doingmybest

Re: Interview Tips

Post by doingmybest »

Favourite things seems popular at the moment.

Favourite book, or favourite author WHY!!!!!

Favourite word - make sure they know what it means.

Favourite school subject (not games according to DS Head) ok to hate latin though.

Good Luck
Pushy Dad

Re: Interview Tips

Post by Pushy Dad »

My kids have had interviews at St Albans Girls, Habs Girls and Hab Boys and they didn't get hit with any questions that assumed a knowledge of current affairs and the like. I got the feeling that the teachers just wanted to know what made the child tick, what interests them and why, and whether the child genuinely wanted to go to that school as opposed to being pushed by the parents.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now