The waiting game for grammar schools....

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
mum22

The waiting game for grammar schools....

Post by mum22 »

I wonder how everybody is keeping busy and hoping for the desired results for their children.. :? I am just a lot nervous and wanting to know how the system of allocation of schools work?

Are we given choice of only one school or two or are just told that our child has a school place?
What if it is not our choice of school?

Some answers please...

Thanks
hermanmunster

Re: The waiting game for grammar schools....

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi - comes down to what you put on yur CAF back in October. your child will be offered ONE place at the highest school on your list for which he/she is eligible either through exam score / distance or other criteria. If you let us know what you put them we can advise about what would be needed to get each of the schools..
no_ball

Post by no_ball »

The highest placed school on your list and order in which DC passes will dictate the offer. There is only 1 offer made. This is what will happen to us in Solihull LEA.
Moonlight

Post by Moonlight »

Hi mum22, you will be given one school which will be the highest place that you will be eligible for. In Essex we have a choice of four schools to put on our form. If you meet the necessary criteria, you may be offered your first choice, or it could be your second choice and so on. If you are in the unfortunate position of not meeting the criteria for any of your choices, you will then be given a school that does have places available. This could be fairly close to where you live or it could be a distance away. There are some very knowledgeable people on this forum who would be able to advise you should the need arise. I only wish I had known about this forum four years ago with my DD.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now