worth appealing

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

hemu

worth appealing

Post by hemu »

my son achieved the overall pass mark in the kent test but missed the average score by 2 marks in the nvr . is it worth appealing as has a older brother at dartford
mitasol

Re: worth appealing

Post by mitasol »

Hi hemu,

Welcome to the forum. Generally the closer you are to the passmark the less you have to prove so I'm sure it is worth considering an appeal.

The best place to start is the Q&As:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Have a read through and come back if you have more questions.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Assuming the school is oversubscribed, then the older brother will help with regard to the oversubscription part of the appeal.
Etienne
T12ACY

Post by T12ACY »

While Etienne is right about having a sibling already at the school I would like to suggest not being too complacent about the 'link'. DS3 had 2 siblings at the school we were appealing to after he failed the Kent Test but we didn't get him in. He is now at a different GS to his brothers but doing very well and actually the independence has been a benefit I hadn't even considered. Being the youngest of 3 I am often reminded by his brothers that he is in fact 12 when, for example, I tell him he can't go out at 6pm because it's too dark...... :?
Money can't buy you happiness, but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

I think the difference is that having a sibling may help at oversubscription but not non qualification...
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Yes, it will help in the sense that it's a valid argument at the oversubscription stage, and will get some 'credit'.

Whether it's sufficient is a very different matter - all sorts of variables can affect the outcome (such as the strength of the school's case, and quite possibly the strength of other appellants' cases).
Etienne
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now