It's time for the annual results countdown thread...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
mike1880

It's time for the annual results countdown thread...

Post by mike1880 »

Here, for anyone who's managed to hold it together so far, is the final straw of wholly unnecessary tension to break the back of the camel of reason :wink: . Only fourteen hours to go. Good luck!

Mike
Footballdad

Re: It's time for the annual results countdown thread...

Post by Footballdad »

I have just checked online for DS2 and it looks like they have fixed the bug from last year. Now if you select print its goes to a blank webpage.

Anyway good luck for all children and parents.
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

That blank page is new, up to last night it took you to your application. They must have uploaded allocations now then, or be in the process of uploading them. Doh, now I'm going to have to spend the entire day logging in to see whether anything more interesting is going to show up!

Mike
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Post by DIY Mum »

Best of luck everyone...feel so different second time round: strangely calm :o We're expecting to find out our results on Weds around midday!

I also did fill in an email application but the council have rejected it for the paper one. My page is also blank. I wonder if I will still be able to find out something tonight, even if our preferences are different? I mean, do they tell you the school or which choice you got or both on the email ? :?
Footballdad

Post by Footballdad »

I am also a lot more calmer for DS2 mainly because i am certain DS2 will not gain entry to GS and i hope and pray she gains entry to the comp school i would like DS2 to attend.

But this time last year i was a nervous wreck and this forum was my solace
fm

Post by fm »

I am still waiting for my e-mail 3 years on. I think I must have messed up somehow. That said I did not wait up for it, feelling the news could keep.

Mid-morning, however, I was able to access my daughter's page on their system because I had actually logged my preferences on line. Via this route, I was able to find out which school had been allocated when I got round to looking mid-morning, an hour or so before the post arrived with a letter from Camp Hill.

I wish everyone well but please just remember that, if you are going to risk opening envelopes and e-mails in front of your children, it is impossible to take back words once spoken and a big hug is really what is needed in either set of circumstances, pass or fail.
Footballdad

Post by Footballdad »

FM as always very wise words from you.
Luckly for my DS I am away from home. So therefore my better half being the hugging type will be more than capable of this important task :)
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Post by DIY Mum »

Football Dad, I completely understand what you're saying and do feel the same. It's not about waiting for the result- (I know what levels my two were operating at- so I'm being realistic) but for me, it's all about how to break the news to them.

You're right, FM. A big hug will say it all. :)
DadTutor

Post by DadTutor »

fm wrote: I wish everyone well but please just remember that, if you are going to risk opening envelopes and e-mails in front of your children, it is impossible to take back words once spoken and a big hug is really what is needed in either set of circumstances, pass or fail.
Indeed, a moment that is obviously quite emotional may be one that a child will remember for the rest of their lives.

I have discussed results day with my wife, and we agree whatever the result, we will look our child in the eye and tell them we are proud of what they have been through.

Being my first child to put through this "journey", I feel a nervous wreck, but in the moments of calm, I have to be thankful for having 3 healthy, unique kids, and that's what I am trying to focus on.
um

Post by um »

This post has transported me back a year to when we were waiting for ds1's results - so (I hope no-one minds), I've cut and pasted below what I wrote in the run up to the Results:

For some reason I feel strangely like I have done towards the end of my pregnancies! You know, tired out, desperate for it to be all over, slight panic, wondering and worrying whether everything will be OK when it finally happens and it won't be too painful !

And yet also aware that this is only the beginning, not the end.
So much more in front of our children.
The secondary school they go to will be merely a road that carries them to their final destination in life rather than the destination itself. And it kind of makes me think about what I really want in life for my son.
Most important is that he be kind, caring, a builder of a better future for all of us, someone special that will light up people's lives as he lives his.
Having a big salary carries no meaning for me - other than helping his ability to buy a good education for his own children (whether by catchment area, tuition or school fees!).
Yes, I do believe that Grammar school is a good road for him to be able to travel on in this journey - it allows him to enjoy learning, be with children similar to him and receive a vitally important good education.
But what I do realise is that I will love him anyway whatever. For me he is the best son I could hope for - sensitive, caring, funny, intelligent, thirsty for learning. I am proud of him and wish I could say it more.
But sadly I don't.
If the Grammars 'don't want him' then I certainly do!
And I suppose that is what matters ultimately for all of us - we need to love our kids unconditionally whatever, and believe in them.

Best wishes to everyone for 1st March.

A PostScript - Ds1 actually got his first choice school, and when he found out he cried and cried...I think it was the release of the tension that I hadn't realised he had.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now