Who you gonna call?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
auricula

Who you gonna call?

Post by auricula »

Good morning all and many, many congratulations to all of those who gained a place.

Could anyone give me any guidance on who I would contact to see where DC is placed on waiting list? Do I telephone BCC Admissions, Foundation Office or school directly?

DC has no idea I am doing this - seems perfectly pleased with allocation, but just need to satisfy my curiosity. Also, is it possible to find out their scores if they didn't secure a place at a grammar school?

Many thanks :)
mike1880

Re: Who you gonna call?

Post by mike1880 »

Call the Consortium - there's an LEA number for that and a Foundation number, call the Foundation one (0121 415 6004). If you don't get a place you're automatically sent your score, and the lowest score gaining a place at the school(s?) you applied to.

Mike
um

Post by um »

Out of interest, is the child's position on any waiting list(s) given on the allocation letter?
auricula

Post by auricula »

Cheers Mike, that was great help. Phoned and spoke to staff, who were lovely I have to say. Details in post in 2 to 3 days.

um - not sure about that. Just said not offered on website,although Foundation Office did say they would send details of where child was placed.

Thanks again.

A.