Information for parents who live in Abbots langley.

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

stardreamer

Information for parents who live in Abbots langley.

Post by stardreamer »

I have just received my weekly email from the local liberal democrat councillor Sara Bedford. She has obviously seen the secondary transfer allocation results. The email included the below text.

SECONDARY SCHOOL TRANSFER

Fifteen children living in the Abbots Langley area have not been given any of their three preferred secondary schools. If you are the parent of one of those children and you would like some advice from a councillor, please get in touch.

Her email address is sara@abbotslangley.com.

I felt that I needed to share this with you.
xx
Daogroupie

Re: Information for parents who live in Abbots langley.

Post by Daogroupie »

That is really awful, I feel quite sick for them. 15!!!! That is half a class full. All sixty of our kids got one of their three choices last year and I expect the same this year. DG
WP

Post by WP »

There are two primary schools in Watford with 12 NRAs each and four more with 8 each; only one school elsewhere in Herts has more than 7 (Kimpton with 10). As usual, more than half the NRAs in the county are in Watford, Three Rivers and the western part of Hertsmere.
Tamilla

Post by Tamilla »

my daughter was one of the watford NRA's she is devastated. its such an awful system as she is a bright child and getting 5as in some subjects. Im just not sure what went wrong tbh :o(
l33na

Post by l33na »

8 children in our school were not allocated any school of their choice. It's extremely unfair when places are given to children who don't live locally. Sorry I don't mean to offend anyone. On the other hand I know one mother was not advised by the school on her three choices. Her English is poor and her daughter has been in the school from nursery. So teachers knew. She put parmiters, grammar and queens and sadly her daughter in class was struggling with maths and English. I got my second choice but I feel for my dd friends who were given a school they didn't want.
watfordmum66

Post by watfordmum66 »

If people are in this position NRA then they should make sure they are on the continue interest list for the schools they placed on their CAF. You may be able to place your child on other schools lists as well ( ?) Im sure someone will be along to advise on that.

there have in the past been threads on Continue Interest Lists which will give you an indication of movement in previous years.

The admission teams in the schools may also give you an indication of whether you have a chance or not.

Good Luck.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now