coach service

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
bear

coach service

Post by bear »

HI pls can someone let me know if there is a coach service from NOrthwood to Dr challoners grammar school?
Sally-Anne

Re: coach service

Post by Sally-Anne »

Definitely not at the moment, because DCGS has never allocated places beyond catchment in recent years. This year appears to be a different story ...
bear

Post by bear »

hi Sally Anne

thks for getting back to me...yes we were very surprised and happy to get DCGS...it cannot be a mistake can it?
nia1999

Post by nia1999 »

Bear

Thats news indeed...I was under the impression that DCGS didnt take out of area applications.I assume your DD got in via the bucks exam ? My dd got into Chesham Grammar the same way ..

Nia1999
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Bear - No, it is not a mistake. The allocation distance this year is 11.291 miles.

Nia - Historically DCGS did not even admit all catchment children beccause it was so over-subscribed. The reason for that was that a lot of people would move into rented accommodation close to the school, put their child through the test and then either move into the area permanently or move back home again, the latter being a fraudulent application.

This year the admission arrangements changed to prevent that happening. You now have to be resident at the address used for the CAF for 18 months before the child would start school, and anyone who is in rented accommodation but still owns a house within 30 miles of the school is barred from receiving a place.

It is quite extraordinary how much difference it has made to the allocations - from 6.5 miles last year to 11.2 miles this year.
nia1999

Post by nia1999 »

Sally Anne

Thanks for the prompt reply .Amazing how the small print can change .Well good news at least that they are clamping down on cheats and also opening up the catchment .

Nia1999
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi nia
nia1999 wrote:also opening up the catchment .
The catchment was never "closed" as such, it is just that demand far exceeded the number of places so the allocation distance never made it beyond catchment.

However for 12+/13+ entry they do impose a rule that you must live in catchment.

S-A
Dad40

Post by Dad40 »

Very interesting insight Sally-Anne ! I hadn't realised about the rule change.
bear

Post by bear »

yes..DS got in at DCGS from the bucks exam...we were very very surprised but very very happy...i cannot beleive that parents do such a bad thing to get into the schools..what are they teaching their children..... :twisted:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now