IMPORTANT: Posting specific test information.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Ed's mum

IMPORTANT: Posting specific test information.

Post by Ed's mum »

Please note the following:
There will be more children sitting the October 2010 test in the next few weeks. The LEA are legally obliged to allow children to sit the test up until the age of 12 (should they move into the area etc).

It is extremely unlikely that children who have sat the test will have remembered many/any of the questions with any kind of accuracy; however it is worth knowing that the test is still to be taken by some.

Research has been done to analyse the effects of taking the test at a more 'mature' age and the analysis has concluded that there is no advantage to delaying as the scores are standardised based upon age.

I have no wish for this to downward spiral into the rights or wrongs of allowing children to take a late test. For this reason I shall now lock this thread.
Ed's mum

Re: IMPORTANT: Posting specific test information.

Post by Ed's mum »

Just to clarify, as I received a PM asking for further explanation...

I am not saying that nothing can be written about the test. It is extremely unlikely that any child would have remembered anything in enough detail to advantage anyone still to take the test. However, it would be wrong of me to ignore that there are some children who are still to sit it. So I am passing on what I know so that we are all aware. You can post about the test but don't write questions verbatim.

This is why I have not locked the thread about sharing information on the test.

To be honest I'll eat my laptop if anyone's child can recall specific questions! :wink:
If in doubt over whether the information is suitable for sharing, feel free to PM me.
Ed's mum

Re: IMPORTANT: Posting specific test information.

Post by Ed's mum »

May I remind posters that there are children that have yet to sit the Warks test. Please be thoughtful about what information you post about the 2011 test which most children sat on Saturday.
Many thanks.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now