Class Sizes

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Booklady

Class Sizes

Post by Booklady »

Hi - Is there a way to find out eventual class sizes in a particular school - I am interested to see if they have routinely gone over pan in recent years. Any ideas where / who to ask? Thanks :)
Marylou

Re: Class Sizes

Post by Marylou »

You can check out the number of pupils on roll for any school from the census results for the last few years here: https://schoolsweb.buckscc.gov.uk/schoo ... n_roll.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Marylou
Booklady

Post by Booklady »

Many thanks! Much appreciated! :)
joop

Post by joop »

I have had a look at these figures. If a school has over the PAN for a particular year group does this indicates the number of children that have gained place from transfer appeals at different times?
mk123

Post by mk123 »

Cannot hide my disappointment about the fact that there is so much info out on the net which I have needed in the past and never knew about it!!! I wish we had this when we were doing our CAF forms locally and were trying to figure out how big is the risk to not put our local comp in there ie if we would get it anyway if we ended-up with none of our 3 other choices not offered.

Some people on this forum are so good with this! Thank you for this Marylou.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

joop wrote:I have had a look at these figures. If a school has over the PAN for a particular year group does this indicates the number of children that have gained place from transfer appeals at different times?
Usually, yes - but there can be other legitimate reasons (an SEN statement naming the school, the fair access protocol, etc.)
Etienne