Bond Books

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
greg

Bond Books

Post by greg »

Can anyone tell me if the Bond books are suitable for Bucks? If not who would you suggest.
Thanks
moved

Re: Bond Books

Post by moved »

No, not normally.

If you look at the following link on the Bucks thread you will hopefully find a list of suitable resources.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... =12&t=4782" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
greg

Post by greg »

Thanks moved. That link doesnt seem to be working.
First-timer

Post by First-timer »

Seems to be a problem with the site at the moment. I can't get the Essex pages to work. The ones that are available are taking ages to load. Lots of us on at the moment, perhaps?
countrymum

Post by countrymum »

Urrrr I have heard through the grapevine alot about these Bond books, please could someone explain to newbie what they are....

Thank you....
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

Bond produce a series of books for 11+ revision, although they are not relevant to all 11+ tests as the test varies according to school or Local Authority.

What area are you in countrymum? we will be able to give you more advice if we know where your child is sitting the exam.
countrymum

Post by countrymum »

yoyo123 wrote:Bond produce a series of books for 11+ revision, although they are not relevant to all 11+ tests as the test varies according to school or Local Authority.

What area are you in countrymum? we will be able to give you more advice if we know where your child is sitting the exam.
It would be a trafford school, though just did a quick recky on catchment and looks like we may be a mile out at 9 miles away :0( Can you tell I am new to all this :? I guess I should have already checked. Though just did a crow fly check and that says 6....

Thanks for the help
Villagedad

Post by Villagedad »

Does anyone know which areas / counties they are relevent for e.g. Kent?

Thanks
greg

Post by greg »

Hi, I am looking at Bucks schools. Also how do you find out the radius that the schools accepted and how do you measure from your home?

Thanks

Greg
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Yes, I'm wondering now which areas they are relevant for too. I used them for ds1 ( We're in Kent ) and found them to be clear,helpful and each little test just the right length....maybe it's the vr and nvr which don't have the specific types or have too many ?

However the maths and english must be suitable for all areas ? and if not, good for all round improvement ! :)
I've just bought the 10 minute test ones for ds2...although I've only given him his lego sticker book at the moment...waiting for the right time for the big reveal !!