Reading exam

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

woodywoodpecker

Reading exam

Post by woodywoodpecker »

Could anyone tell me whether there is a comprehension paper within the English test for Reading Boys? I am currently tutoring my son for the exam this year and the tutor is focussing very heavily on maths & comprehension as opposed to building up vocabulary for example . I understood from other parents that this doesn't always feature in test - any help appreciated thanks...
stevew61

Re: Reading exam

Post by stevew61 »

woodywoodpecker wrote:Could anyone tell me whether there is a comprehension paper within the English test for Reading Boys?
Yes, comprehension has come up for the last five years but as the school give no clues they could change the format.

November 2010 was a funny poem, based on my son's recollection of a few lines,

http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/first-day-at-school/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
woodywoodpecker

thanks, very helpful...
cocoa0101

Post by cocoa0101 »

Hi,

Worth bearing in mind that the comprehension section normally consists of 2 short comprehensions,- worth 6 marks each in Nov 2010. The rest of the paper has been a test on finding the missing word, which word is spelt incorrectly, grammar and punctuation.
woodywoodpecker

Thank you that's really helpful - I guess we will keep going with the comprehension then along with spelling! Cheers.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now