Who is appealing for Fort Pitt then?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
rubyhettybetty

Who is appealing for Fort Pitt then?

Post by rubyhettybetty »

I gather 30 potential appeals have been lodged..
medwaymix

Re: Who is appealing for Fort Pitt then?

Post by medwaymix »

28 others then Ruby after us 2. How do you know there are 30 appeals? Is that a lot?
mm
rubyhettybetty

Post by rubyhettybetty »

I emailed the school. Yes it is, too many for my liking!
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

thats very anoying for you considering they were only 12 first places over-subscribed! Do put down the fact it was your dd's first choice school when you appeal. Im not sure at appeal if they know this info without you telling them. Last year when i appealed to RGS they asked me when i rang to find out what position my dd was on the waiting list, where we had put RGS on the CAF. I made sure they knew at appeal.
medwaymix

Post by medwaymix »

So it looks like it's 12 over subscription appeals and 18 qualification appeals or those who've passed but now changed their minds :shock: having been given their first choice/second choice school. I am definitely going to put a copy of the CAF into the paperwork.
rubyhettybetty

Post by rubyhettybetty »

medwaymix wrote:So it looks like it's 12 over subscription appeals and 18 qualification appeals or those who've passed but now changed their minds :shock: having been given their first choice/second choice school. I am definitely going to put a copy of the CAF into the paperwork.

I *think* it would be a maximum of 14 non qual appeals - 26 put it as 1st place , of which 12 were qualified....

I know one DC appealing who passed the test and wanted RGSG, didn't get a high enough score, was too far away from FP, so got offered CGSG as 3rd choice. She is appealing for both RGSG and FP (2nd choice) so I am hoping she gets into RGSG on appeal...Hoping a few more get into RGSG on appeal as well freeing up spaces for us. Means we have no chance from waiting list, obviously.

Have you got a copy of your CAF? I did mine electronically, will have to print it out!!!
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

RGS also hold their appeals early - last year april - so you are right ruby if some are offered RGS they may even withdraw appeal to FP. If your friend put RGS first and her dd passed then her appeal would have to particularly weak for her not to get a place.
rubyhettybetty

Post by rubyhettybetty »

tiredmum wrote:RGS also hold their appeals early - last year april - so you are right ruby if some are offered RGS they may even withdraw appeal to FP. If your friend put RGS first and her dd passed then her appeal would have to particularly weak for her not to get a place.

Yes - I'm pretty sure RGSG *will* take her - their cut off is only 5 marks above the pass, and she was 3 over...they have been writing to families touting for appeals as well!!

And thus I think her appeal for FP will fall by the wayside - it would be weak anyway compared to ours ;)

I have everything crossed! Sometimes I think we are going to be OK, the next moment I am despondent...
medwaymix

Post by medwaymix »

Yes have copy of CAF :D
Why on earth would Rochester be touting for appeals? Have they not filled their places? It makes no sense to me at all, but then much of this makes no sense. I mean why should someone who puts another school as 1st choice, puts FP as second and gets FP when people like us put FP 1st. :? Surely it should go on first preference first, fill with those, then go to second. Isn't that logical? Or am I being too simple?
Am up and down like a roller coaster can't settle to much at all. Just want it all dealt with and then can get on with life.
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

years ago it was like that medwaymix - it mattered if you put a school first and all first preferances were dealt with first - seems a good way really but there were reasons why they changed - anyhow i wish you both luck - make your appeals bullet proof because if FP are anything like last year they are not going to give in easily!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now