Advice re lost coursework.....

Discussion and advice on GCSEs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Looking for help

Advice re lost coursework.....

Post by Looking for help »

The son of a friend of mine is in y11 at school. Apparently, and the school admits it, his GCSE graphics coursework file has been lost by the school, before it has been marked. The school wants him to redo, however my friend is now keen for him to stop with the graphics altogether, as he wasn't going to do particularly well in it, and she doesn't want him to spend his remaining time in y11 concentration only on graphics at the expense of his other subjects. She is concerned though that withdrawing at this stage may give him a U , as he has already been entered in the exam. Does anyone have any advice one way or the other ?

Thanks

LFH
KB

Re: Advice re lost coursework.....

Post by KB »

I think they would be best to contact the examinations officer at the school & check what the situation is re the exam board. There does seem to be a certain amount of flexibility with exam boards when schools make admin errors (less serious ones than this - which is horrendous!) so they may well be able to get him withdrawn - especially if he hasn't sat any exams yet.
Alternatively they could check the exam board web site & email / write to them for clarification of the options in this situation.
Looking for help

Hi KB, thanks, I think they are going to contact the school for clarification on the best way to proceed. Its ridiculous really, if it was food tech as my daughter did, alot of the work would have been stored on our home computer, but as its graphics, apparently there's alot of hand drwan designs etc that will take ages to complete again, at this late stage, it's not really an option. At least the school is admitting it's their fault :roll:
guest43

Post by guest43 »

He certainly doesn't want to spend the rest of Yr11 focusing on one subject.
Looking for help

You're quite right guest 43, and therein lies the problem, although what a waste of time the past 18 months have been for him :evil: