Paranoid - do you think Heads look on here, or appeal panels

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

rubyhettybetty

Paranoid - do you think Heads look on here, or appeal panels

Post by rubyhettybetty »

Just wondering whether to keep a lower profile, in case Interested parties lurk? It wouldn't be difficult to match me to our appeal case and I don't want them to have pre conceived ideas etc?

Or is the process just getting to me?!
capers123

Re: Paranoid - do you think Heads look on here, or appeal pa

Post by capers123 »

rubyhettybetty wrote:Just wondering whether to keep a lower profile, in case Interested parties lurk? It wouldn't be difficult to match me to our appeal case and I don't want them to have pre conceived ideas etc?
How dare you! I Do Not Lurk. I'm totally out of the closet! :D

I'm not from your area, so fear not (in my case). In my own county, there's a chance that some people on here will be will have their appeals heard by me. I don't offer advice to them (other than point them at generic advice - the Appeals Forum FAQ's).

During the appeals, the chances of me working out who someone is on the other side of the desk is pretty slim. I have heard appeals when it's been someone appealling that I knew from the playground and have given them no special treatment (but always 'fess up that I know them).

If I had read on here of someone planning to tell an untruth at an appeal I was going to hear, I'm not sure how I'd react. But this is a public forum. The vast majority of people are here to gain hints & tips on how to present their appeal in the best possible light, which is fair enough. The appeal I wrote a couple of months ago for my daughter (but -phew- didn't need) probably owed a lot more to what I read here than what I know as a panel member - the main advice I used was more what not to bother putting in, because it would not be relavent to an appeal - but that's found in the FAQ's.

I have no idea if other panel members look at this, or are members. I suspect one clerk does, but there's nothing to fear.

As for headteachers / the LEA, the cases they put forward tend to be pretty generic, so would gain nothing from looking here. They will get to see your case in advance anyway, but at the same time that you get their case sent to you.

Finally, any ultra-private info can be submitted to the Mods drop box for their opinion away from my prying eyes.

Panic not!
Capers
tiredmum

Re: Paranoid - do you think Heads look on here, or appeal pa

Post by tiredmum »

Ruby i think you are becoming paranoid - but i know what you mean - small world and all that :)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now