Reading Boys Waiting List

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
laurie

Reading Boys Waiting List

Post by laurie »

Hi - our son is in the low 20's on the Reading waiting list.

Would be interested for any feedback on previous year's outcomes for that position on the waiting list?

I got the impression this year that there were quite alot of applications from out-of-town (Slough area esp). Wonder whether this may result in more movement in the waiting list this year once folks decide to stay in local grammars rather than take long-haul over to Reading...?

Many thanks!
stevew61

Re: Reading Boys Waiting List

Post by stevew61 »

Hi,

Have a look here, top of the thread links to previous years which contain some info.. on how lists have moved.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 7&start=50" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cestlavie

Post by cestlavie »

Laurie, we are in a very similar position. I spoke to someone at the council today who said it would be unlikely to move that far - after all that would be at least a fifth of places becoming free! So we have mentally shifted to our backup plan (an indie) and DS is very happy with that. Have also emailed Reading school so I'll let you know what they say.
gulnar123

Post by gulnar123 »

Can you please tell me how do you find about the waiting list?
cocoa0101

Post by cocoa0101 »

Hi

Ring up the school admissions office tomorrow and get clarification. Your Reading letter will tell you where you are on the waiting list but it does not allow for those boys who did not put Reading as their first choice and who will therefor not be offered a place regardless of having passed. I have heard today of one boy who has moved up 5 places already to the first 10, so there is certainly hope if you are about 20th on that waiting list.
laurie

Post by laurie »

Cheers guys for your input.
cestlavie

Post by cestlavie »

An update for those waiting and also for information for future years.
The waiting list moved up 9 places by 4th March. The school have also provided some helpful input on the historical chance of gaining a place given our ranking so if you are in doubt contact them directly.
cestlavie

Post by cestlavie »

The waiting list as of yesterday had jumped up another 7 places so we seem close, but not quite close enough. However, I forgot to ask whether all the acceptances had been received :roll: . Has anyone else heard anything?
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

A long shot but last year this happened!
RS wrote:Reading Boys

Not sure whether you already know. There are only 6 boarding places being accepted, it means there will be 6 extra places for the day boys.

Good luck to those who are on the waiting list.
Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:59 am
cestlavie

Post by cestlavie »

Yes, I saw that, and am selfishly hoping it happens again. Do you know when boarders have to accept their places?

Btw, I notice you are in caversham (so are we) so if I deduce correctly, there are a number of very bright boys from our local primary who also didn't get in and will be going to the same comp as your son, so he will be in good company!