7+ Practice papers

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Rana

7+ Practice papers

Post by Rana »

Hi there

I know this is a 11+ forum, however, my son will be entering for Independent Primary School soon. Does anyone know of any good Reasoning Test publications for Year 3 entry. Obviously, Bond Progress Tests 6-7 and 7-8 are available. Is there anything else out there. Please advise?
Rana

7+ Practice papers - no responses

Post by Rana »

Hi

I guess, by the number of viewings, but lack of respones that there are no available VR and NVR materials for 7+ entry exams to Independent Junior Schools.

Again, I would like to ask if anyone can please point me in the right direction.

Post by Guest »

Rana
Try independent schools' websites. Some may have sample papers to download or available on request. That is how I got practice material for independent 11+ entrance/ scholarship exams.

To be honest, though, at junior school entry level you won't generally have to do much preparation, if any. Unless the school is very oversubscribed and selective the papers are unlikely to be very demanding in terms of exam technique and most children will not have done anything like the levels of preparation usual for state 11+. They are not racing the clock as with most 11+ exams. The schools are generally just looking for reasonable competency in maths and English with the ability to reason logically. The writing task will probably be most children's best opportunity to stand out from the crowd.

Many schools will give you curriculum details for the exams if you ask and it should be easy enough to come up with your own practice questions for this age group. A nephew and neice of mine have just got places at the junior schools of two oversubscribed academic independent schools without either of them having done any preparation at all.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now