Tutors in the Marlow/Maidenhead/Bourne End Area

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

andyb

Re: Tutors in the Marlow/Maidenhead/Bourne End Area

Post by andyb »

From your location I assume you are going for the Bucks 11+. Paid for tuition is really not necessary for a bright child. Try this link for familiarisation material you can do with your DD at home.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... =12&t=4782

Y4 is a good time to start thinking about 11+ preparation but you shouldn't need to start actually doing anything before the January of Y5.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

I will move this thread to the Bucks section .
yoyo
Booklady

Post by Booklady »

I have sent you a PM.
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Mum of 2

If you ring anyone regarding tutoring, please ensure they know the correct syllabus ie 21 types of questions.

Some tutors will try to tell you that its 30 plus types and that the types of questions used each year changes. Incorrect.

If you want to DIY take a look at the link andyb has shown.

This forum is a wealth of information with many members here to help you through the process.

Patricia
Jules7

Post by Jules7 »

I guess you need to decide if you want someone else to do the familiarisation/techniques or if you tackle it yourself. If you are looking for an outside provider, also whether your child suits a group or one-to-one approach.

I will pm you with the name of someone we used who does group based tuition from the Jan in Y5 in the Beaconsfield/Burnham area. She definitely goes through the 21 types used in Bucks. Lots of luck.