Vacant places after allocation day

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
abc123help!

Vacant places after allocation day

Post by abc123help! »

Hi,

I just read Sally-Anne's post on the "Transport proposals" thread under Bucks that there were 11 places at RGS after allocation day ... Sally-Anne or anyone, how can we find out this info. for other schools please? I looked on the Bucks CC website and couldn't find it. I was interested for Burnham GS.

Thanks!
andyb

Re: Vacant places after allocation day

Post by andyb »

This link takes you to the allocation profile for 2011, unfortunately it only gives "all allocated" rather than the number of vacant spaces.
http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/assets/conten ... ch2011.pdf
Burnham Grammar took all catchment applicants plus others to 9.998 miles.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

It's one of those things you have to know where to look for it. Page 17 of this document, the agenda reports pack for the BCC Admissions Forum meeting held today:

http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/moderngov/Pub ... Public.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Vacant places as at 25th February 2011:

AGS 4
AHS 8
BHS 1
BGS 1
CGS 27
SHF 1
WHS 1
RGS 11

The reason that BGS appears to have a place spare will be that all these figures are just "snapshots in time" and they can change from week to week.

It does suggest that BGS will eventually be "All Offered" this year.

S-A
abc123help!

Post by abc123help! »

Thanks - I wouldn't have known that was there! Thankfully it's only a snapshot ...

Does anyone know how 2nd round allocations are made to those who fit the admissions criteria? Is score in the 11+ taken into account or do Bucks only work on proximity to the school? Are any other criteria are considered?
Booklady

Post by Booklady »

Score is completely irrelevant once you have passed the test with 121+.

Then it is down to distance (unless you have SEN needs, siblings etc - which also play a part).

This is for the waiting list allocations. Appeals are different - then distance plays no part - it is why your child 'needs' that particular school! :)

It's all good fun isn't it !! :roll: :?
joop

Post by joop »

I wonder if the transport issue will make a difference to waiting lists this year ? We are on the waiting list for JHGS but have been told we have to wait until May 5th to hear from our own OOC authority as this is when their second round of allocations take place.
abc123help!

Post by abc123help! »

I wondered about waiting lists ... County say there aren't any (in the case of BGS). They'll compile lists after 2nd allocations. Can anyone shed any light?

I would have thought that there would be a figure on acceptances of places offered for each school, as those who have accepted would have done so by now. Leaving, hopefully, a greater number of places than the ones in Sally-Anne's link and post (and Booklady's in a/n thread).

Please post if there's anything more up-to-date on vacant places ... (Booklady, this type of fun is ageing me!!)
Booklady

Post by Booklady »

Yes - ageing me too! What with this and the job dilemma I posted separately about a while ago I will definitely come out of the process with some grey hairs I think!! :roll: :lol:
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

There has to be a list of some kind already, in which the surplus applications are sorted in order of eligibility according to the oversubscription criteria. However, this list could change quite significantly prior to the second allocation because of offers being rejected, late applicants being added, etc. - there is also the added complication this year of the proposed transport changes, which might make some people change their minds about their original school choice. It therefore makes sense for BCC to get all the replies back and make any adjustments before starting a waiting list. It should be ready around mid-April.
Marylou
abc123help!

Post by abc123help! »

I'm sure there will be movement for these reasons. It seems schools are doing things differently though (JHGS having a waiting list, as mentioned above).

The wait goes on ...
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now