Pates Spring Fair

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Sabanna

Pates Spring Fair

Post by Sabanna »

Can any old hands tell me if it's worth going to this, dd will have to miss dance for us to attend so a bit torn about going.

Is anyone else going?
Glparent

Re: Pates Spring Fair

Post by Glparent »

It's quite a calm affair as school fairs go, but an excellent chance to have an informal nose around the school plus you get to see the pupils in a different light too. Great raffle prizes, from what I remember, too! :D
Milla

Post by Milla »

last year quite a few of us from here met up there which was great to put a few faces to names. Am going to be helping so it would be great to see if I can work out who any of you are! Feel free to DM if you want!
TBH it'll probably be like any other school fair you've been to but it was fun to feel part of the place from the off and, yes, I did see some people do very well at the tombola. Was busy wrapping it all today! Yum.
EmeraldE

Post by EmeraldE »

I went last year with DS1 (who was starting school that September) mostly because I wanted to see who I might meet that could be in his class. I am going with DS2 (who starts this September) for exactly the same reason!

I am beginning to think it is more for me than them! It is a very good opportunity to meet some new mums and dads as you may find them invaluable as friends and 'homework confirmers' over your daughters first few months at Pates. I did rely on my new found friends to confirm that DS feeling tearful and a little overwhelmed at times was normal and happening to their kids too.

I guess it depends if you are interested in that kind of relationship. It is a nice chance for your DD to meet some others in a very relaxed atmosphere but also understandable that she might not want to miss her dance lesson.

My kids won far to many sweets for their own good last year and I had to help them to eat them! :lol:
Phelpst

Post by Phelpst »

edited
Last edited by Phelpst on Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cheltdad

Post by cheltdad »

Phelpst wrote:You get your child into one of the best schools in the country and you can't be arsed to attend their fund raising events. Says it all really.
who has said they won't be attending?
Sabanna

Post by Sabanna »

For your information it is not me that is torn about going, but my daughter - nowhere do I say that I am not going so please do not make assumptions.

Edited to add that I didn't get her into Pates, she got herself in there.
Phelpst

Post by Phelpst »

edited
Last edited by Phelpst on Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sabanna

Post by Sabanna »

And as I said, I didn't say I wouldn't be going.

My daughter is torn about going and therefore missing her dance lesson and letting her teacher down - that's the sort of commitment she puts into things.

I however won't be at dance so I am free to attend and will be doing so, which is why I asked if anyone else was going.

Believe me, having been a member of a PTA for the last 7 years I more than understand that having the support of the others parents is essential when fundraising. Next year, all being well I hope to be one of the parents on the other side of the stall helping to raise the funds for Pates.
PaterGloucester

Post by PaterGloucester »

Evening all

Would someone confirm time and date as I'm too dim to find either on the Pates GS website.

Many thanks
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now