CAT assessment

General forum for Secondary Education

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
magwich2

CAT assessment

Post by magwich2 »

DD2 has just been assessed at a secondary school with online CAT tests (there were 3 of them). The Head has told us that she scored 140+ in each area and that this is good but I don't understand how the scores work. For example she is a june birthday so would these scores be standardised or not?
The Head seemed to be saying that they couldn't standardise them but the small amount of info. I can find on the internet seems to say that they do get standardised.
Thank you
hermanmunster

Re: CAT assessment

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi MW .. just wondering if standardisation stops after primary ?? Not sure :?:
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

Sample reports for CAT digital are here http://www.gl-assessment.co.uk/educatio ... .asp?css=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They appear to be age standardised.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

mitasol wrote:Sample reports for CAT digital are here http://www.gl-assessment.co.uk/educatio ... .asp?css=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They appear to be age standardised.

Interesting - can I have my test scores age standardised (downhill all the way now.. :wink: )
runningmum

Post by runningmum »

Yes - lots of things are age-standardised from the Mensa test (from very young to very old) and loads of age-group sports eg. running, swimming etc. As a runner, it makes me look forward to birthdays knowing that my age-graded performance may improve even if I'm getting slower. :)
TraffordMum

Post by TraffordMum »

magwich2 wrote:DD2 has just been assessed at a secondary school with online CAT tests (there were 3 of them). The Head has told us that she scored 140+ in each area and that this is good but I don't understand how the scores work. For example she is a june birthday so would these scores be standardised or not?
The Head seemed to be saying that they couldn't standardise them but the small amount of info. I can find on the internet seems to say that they do get standardised.
Thank you
I believe they are standardised, but against a national cohort, not against the cohort at your daughter's school.