Re-Allocation Letters

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
hopefulandstressed

Re-Allocation Letters

Post by hopefulandstressed »

For anyone awaiting re-allocation letters.... I've just spoken to Shire Hall and have been advised that the letters are being posted first class tomorrow. If you originally applied on-line then you will also be sent an email confirming the outcome.

Good luck to everyone wanting re-allocation ...
ofsoundmind

Re: Re-Allocation Letters

Post by ofsoundmind »

Thanks for that info. I did think we might be waiting until next week to find out. Fingers crossed...and toes!
hopefulandstressed

There has been so little movement this year for SHS, only one place has been turned down. My DD was originally second on waiting list so we were really confident that she'd be offered a place at re-allocation. Have just received the letter this morning advising that she's not been successful. She is now first on the waiting list. The whole process is torturous. It's back to the waiting game again and the daunting thought of appeals. Oh what a nightmare.
mum23*

Post by mum23* »

So sorry for you, what a disappointment but you are in a great position on the list and there is still time for some last minute movement perhaps. Good luck with the appeal.
capers123

Post by capers123 »

hopefulandstressed wrote:She is now first on the waiting list. The whole process is torturous. It's back to the waiting game again and the daunting thought of appeals. Oh what a nightmare.
In previous years I have known some movement of the waiting list before appeals start, I think partly because of private schools offering scholarships - and it can be a knock-on affair, so a place might become vacant at one school which then takes a child from another school freeing up a space there. And, yes, I have known it happen even during the appeals hearings.
Capers
pixiequeen

Post by pixiequeen »

hopefulandstressed, I was so hoping to find you had good news. This must be agonising for you. Hang on in there, though, you only need one child to move away/take up a private school place. Try to stay positive, I'm sure you will get there in the end. :D

Pixiequeen.
hopefulandstressed

Thanks pixiequeen and mum23 for your words of encouragment. :) Just got to stay positive and put some thoughts together for appeal ... not something I'm looking forward to :( as I so wished to be able to get a letter offering us a place and be able to move on and think about other things.
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Does anyone have any news on HSFG, Glouc. It looks as though there hasn't been much movement there either. A 212 I know still hasn't got a place despite it going down to 213 on first round. Any info would be good as last year it went down to 210.