Places given over PAN at BGS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

abc123help!

Places given over PAN at BGS

Post by abc123help! »

Hi,

Does anyone know whether BGS has ever given Y7 places over the PAN of 150 at a transfer appeal and if so, how many?

I'm hearing that BGS is very popular this year and trying to work out the odds of success at a transfer appeal.

Have just read the over-sub. section for these types of appeals - thanks for info.
Sally-Anne

Re: Places given over PAN at BGS

Post by Sally-Anne »

I don't think that they have ever needed to in the past. By an odd coincidence, the numbers on roll at all Bucks schools from the January census were published yesterday. The current numbers for BGS are:

Y7 - 143
Y8 - 150
Y9 - 116
Y10 - 121
Y11 - 126

The only year when the school allocated up to PAN was therefore 2009, but the final allocation profile on 4th August was "All Offered", so there would not have been a need for anyone to appeal.

I wouldn't decribe BGS as "very popular this year", but first preferences for the school did increase somewhat - from 64 to 86. The allocation distance went to 9.996 miles, and I suspect that will move quite a bit further over the coming months. I am afraid that it is a waiting game, plus an appeal if it comes to that. Hopefully the waiting list will deliver a place before you need to go to an appeal.
joop

Post by joop »

Hi

Where can I find the January census results for othr Bucks schools ?

Thanks
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

joop wrote:Hi

Where can I find the January census results for othr Bucks schools ?

Thanks
https://schoolsweb.buckscc.gov.uk/schoo ... n_roll.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Marylou
abc123help!

Post by abc123help! »

Thanks for the BGS info. Sally-Anne ... I'm going to have to start scouring the BCC website more carefully!

BCC admissions told me that BGS was popular this year - maybe I'm just reading too much into that. I have only just received a transfer appeal form (long story - no blame on our part) so I called Appeals to find out when the first round transfer appeals for BGS would take place in case we were too late - I was advised they'd be from May onwards and to get the form in asap. That also made me think that BGS was very oversubscribed.

I know that historically it's been "All offered" so I'm hoping for the same this year.