Second round allocation

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

smi1617

Second round allocation

Post by smi1617 »

We have just submitted a preference change of school for our son. Please does anyone know when we will be advised of County's decision on the second round allocation? We have changed our preference from JHGS ( just out of catchment) which we were allocated to RGS that is in catchment. I wonder what the odds are? Many thanks.
Sally-Anne

Re: Second round allocation

Post by Sally-Anne »

I would think that the chances should be reasonable, given that RGS is very undersubscribed and it is your catchment school. However nothing is guaranteed - we have no idea how many other people may have also changed their preferences upon realising that RGS had places going spare.
mk123

Post by mk123 »

smi1617 wrote:Please does anyone know when we will be advised of County's decision on the second round allocation?
Below are the Second Allocation Round dates
15 April Offer letters are posted (to Buckinghamshire residents) for applications or preference changes we receive between 1 January and 31 March – second round of allocations.
21 April Waiting list position letters are posted

All relevant dates are here:
http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/assets/conten ... _Entry.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
--------------
mk123
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

Good luck to all for 2nd round allocations, hope your prolonged wait comes with good news, fingers crossed!
kara123

Post by kara123 »

>> 15 April Offer letters are posted (to Buckinghamshire residents) for applications or preference changes we receive between 1 January and 31 March – second round of allocations.

Does this mean that non-Bucks residents will not be in the 2nd round allocation? If so, it is really confusing because non-Bucks were definitely given allocations in the first round. Or does it mean that non-Bucks residents will get a letter from their own council which may not get posted until after the 15th?
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

kara123 wrote:>> 15 April Offer letters are posted (to Buckinghamshire residents) for applications or preference changes we receive between 1 January and 31 March – second round of allocations.

Does this mean that non-Bucks residents will not be in the 2nd round allocation? If so, it is really confusing because non-Bucks were definitely given allocations in the first round. Or does it mean that non-Bucks residents will get a letter from their own council which may not get posted until after the 15th?
Non-Bucks residents would still be included in the second round of allocations according to the oversubscription rules, but I can only assume that offer letters would have to come through the home authority, as they are theoretically responsible for liaising with Bucks on the allocation. If this happens then OOC applicants would be notified of a school place a day or two later. I expect that waiting list letters would still come directly from Bucks. However, I don't know for sure, as the notification system might have changed since we were last involved in it!
Marylou
joop

Post by joop »

We are OOC and it is not very clear. We were told by our own authority that we would hear from them following their second round which is on May 5th ! Could be a long wait ?
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

joop wrote:We are OOC and it is not very clear. We were told by our own authority that we would hear from them following their second round which is on May 5th ! Could be a long wait ?
Since this date is after the date for the waiting list letters, it might be an idea to get in touch with Bucks admissions to find out what the planned procedure is for this scenario. I very much doubt that your local authority would sit on an offer letter for that long, but experience (both mine and others') would suggest that you shouldn't assume anything! It could be that you'll receive notification from Bucks, but the "official" offer won't arrive until your local council does its second round of allocations. Definitely worth a call or e-mail, i.m.o. - especially as Bucks needs to get the replies in from the second round of allocations in order to update the waiting list and start on the third round!
Marylou
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

Still thinking of those waiting on 2nd round allocations, keeping my fingers tightly crossed for good news x
mk123

Post by mk123 »

MM, thank you for wishes.

Yes, you're right, some of us are waiting! Just phoned our LA this morning to enquire of latest state of play and make sure we'll not end up waiting till end of month as initially indicated. Was pleasantly surprised to find out that second class letters have gone out this morning to those on waiting lists for Bucks GS, notifying them of outcome. Only problem I have now is that letters could have been first class :( Hopefully those 0.2 miles would have moved in the right direction for us ...

Good luck to all waiting!