Month of birth an VR testing in Calderdale

Eleven Plus (11+) in Yorkshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
2littleboysmum

Month of birth an VR testing in Calderdale

Post by 2littleboysmum »

Hi
My 2 little boys are a few years off their 11+, but it's never too early to start fretting! I have long been mildly concerned that they are both very young for their respective school years, being late July and late June birthdays. Am I right in understanding that CH and NHGS somehow take the month of birth into account when calculating their score? this seemed to be the case when I was reading CH's website, though I could easily have misundersttod. Can anyone set me straight?
mitasol

Re: Month of birth an VR testing in Calderdale

Post by mitasol »

Hello 2littleboysmum. Welcome to the forum.

The VR test sat in Calderdale is age standardised which allows for the differing ages of the children.

There are some explanations here
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/advice ... xplanation" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nfer.ac.uk/nfer/research/ass ... sation.cfm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have a young in year DC at NHGS. :)
2littleboysmum

Post by 2littleboysmum »

Thanks for the reply, very reassuring. They are both bright boys, but I'm so used to people assuming their birthdays and gender are a hinderance, I must have come to believe it myself! hopefully, it will be CH here we come (in a few years).
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

Age and gender shouldn't be a problem. My young one is a boy. If you still have a few years to go then all you really need to do, is encourage them to enjoy reading.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now