Sibling rule.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
U400JB9

Sibling rule.

Post by U400JB9 »

We seem to have sold our house...which I have mixed feeling about.
Does anyone know how far out the sibling rule at Simon Langton Girls will take me?
Thanx
jingle

Re: Sibling rule.

Post by jingle »

Perhaps you could phone the school? I would hope they would be able to help. I am not sure if distance comes into it if you have a dd already there. I know we got a place for our son at BCGS when others who passed but lived nearer didn't simply because of a sibling. I think the schools have different admissions criteria in our areathough, not sure how high up siblings are in relation to distance though for SLGS. Perhaps it will be on their website somewhere.
U400JB9

Post by U400JB9 »

Thanx for that, we know someone just out of catchment who got in to SLGGS on the sibling rule last year.
I was going to ring the school Monday but just wondered if anyone new if there was a specific rule.... :shock:
monstermum

Post by monstermum »

Slightly different senario but we have our DD at an very oversubscribed primary school. DS is due to start in Sept. We have just sold our house and so I rang school and they said for our next DD (due to start Sept 2012) we are only allowed to move 2 miles as the crow flies otherwise the sibling link is broken and no longer applies. Luckily the house we love is less than the 2 miles. Found this out from the school.
dadofkent

Post by dadofkent »

U400JB9 wrote:We seem to have sold our house...which I have mixed feeling about.
Does anyone know how far out the sibling rule at Simon Langton Girls will take me?
Thanx
Have not looked at criteria. But I would assume that providing you stay in the schools scheme of education, which would probably be all the selective areas of Kent, you should be alright.
T12ACY

Post by T12ACY »

monstermum wrote:Slightly different senario but we have our DD at an very oversubscribed primary school. DS is due to start in Sept. We have just sold our house and so I rang school and they said for our next DD (due to start Sept 2012) we are only allowed to move 2 miles as the crow flies otherwise the sibling link is broken and no longer applies. Luckily the house we love is less than the 2 miles. Found this out from the school.
We too have experienced exactly this scenario with primary but don't know if the same applies for secondary.... Have you found a new place yet or is the answer to your question going to determine your search area?
Money can't buy you happiness, but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.
U400JB9

Post by U400JB9 »

T12ACY wrote: Have you found a new place yet or is the answer to your question going to determine your search area?

The answer determines our search area.OH was ringing Simon Langton today to ask the question....IF the sibling rule means we can move further out we`ll get so much more for our money.

We`re viewing a house on wednesday.....its not pretty like this one, but it has a huge garden, is right in catchment, and is on a quiet farm track!!..oh and there`s a bus to school..
T12ACY

Post by T12ACY »

Fingers crossed for a good answer from the school then!

When we last moved I wrote a 'wish list'. Probably got about 3 of the 50 as realised I couldn't actually afford 47 from the list :lol:

I love house hunting until it comes to the crunch and you have to find something. Soooo stressful!
Money can't buy you happiness, but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.
U400JB9

Post by U400JB9 »

:lol: :lol: I have a wishlist too......but a big garden and a quiet road will make me happy.
It was a temp in the office yesterday so they`re ringing back today
frustrated

Post by frustrated »

For this particular school, I don't think it matters. Lots of families still get their child/ren in on the sibling link without any problem, even when moving some distance away from the school.

I think that for some schools, the rule only has restrictions if siblings already attending the school are in year 10 or below, but I don't think this applies to SLGS.

Good luck with your househunting :)